Prevent one or more user groups from changing their passwords! Enforce static passwords for selected groups.
A similar extension existed for J1.5, but since it hadn't been updated - I created a modern, compatible version.
Usage is simple - enable the plugin after selecting which user groups will be prevented from password changes. When saved, the users in those groups will not be presented with the password fields when editing their account details. Additionally, it prevents submission of passwords (just in case someone decides to submit the password field values anyway by hacking the form).
- Download StaticPassword from the RicheyWeb download page.
- This page will remain unlinked, as the link may change in the future. Visit http://www.richeyweb.com and use the search feature - search for "StaticPassword".
- In Joomla /administrator, go to the "Extensions" menu, the "Manage" sub-menu, and the "Install" sub-menu.
- Select the "Upload Package File" tab
- Press the "Choose File" button to browse your system and locate the plugin file you downloaded
- Press the "Upload & Install" button
At this point, the extension is installed but not enabled. You can find the plugin by going to the Extensions menu and selecting "Plugins". When in the plugin manager, search for "StaticPassword".
The plugin has only one configuration: Restricted Groups. Choose one or more groups, and those groups will be prevented from changing their passwords.
Please report bugs