SSL Labs Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

AdminExile Front-End Restriction not working for me

More
5 months 4 weeks ago - 5 months 4 weeks ago #191 by adoucette
adoucette created the topic: AdminExile Front-End Restriction not working for me
First,
Thank you for the excellent Admin Exile plugin. It has blocked many an unauthorized attempt to access my administrator pages and probably saved my "back end".
I have always had the "Restrict Frontend Groups" turned on and set to restrict the groups "Super Users" and "Administrator" from being able to log in to the front end of the site.

However, I just tested that today and was able to log in to the front end with both a Super User and an Administrator account.
How can I resolve this issue such that Super Users and Administrators cannot log in to the front-end of the site?
Thank you again for the great plugin,
Ari
Attachments:
Last Edit: 5 months 4 weeks ago by adoucette. Reason: edit screenshot image

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #192 by michael
michael replied the topic: AdminExile Front-End Restriction not working for me
Yeah, Joomla 3.x updates keep throwing monkey wrenches into my works!

Because it looks like the Joomla core team is closing in on a Release Candidate, I'm currently testing AdminExile version 3.0 - which will give some major performance improvements over the previous version, taking advantage of PHP 5.3+ enhancements and getting rid of some legacy code that was only present for PHP 5.2 and below (which is no longer supported by Joomla)

I have Frontend Restrictions working on Joomla 3.7 (and 3.6.5) after a major refactoring to accommodate the new processes in the latest versions of Joomla.

I am, however, splitting the extension into free and pro (paid) versions. Frontend Restrictions will remain part of the free version, as will Mail Link and of course, the URL key(s).

Pro will include a refactored ip white and black list, and a more robust bruteforce detection.

I'm also adding a new logging feature to allow server admins to use software like FAIL2BAN to autocreate firewall entries for repeat offenders.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #194 by adoucette
adoucette replied the topic: AdminExile Front-End Restriction not working for me
Thanks Mike.
I'll stand by for the next release then. As for finding out when updates are released, is there either 1) a way to have the plugin check for updates in Joomla as some other components do or 2) an email list that would alert users about updates?
Great idea on splitting it into a free/paid product - I have to imagine it is one of your more popular plugins that you answer a lot of support questions for, so I hope it brings you appropriate remuneration for your efforts!
Ari

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #195 by michael
3.7 is right around the corner, and testing against the beta, this is probably going to be just fine for compatibility with the RC and release version of Joomla.

So, AdminExile v 3.1 is available for download.

www.richeyweb.com/software/joomla/plugins/1-adminexile

As promised, keys, frontend restrictions, maillink and a new logging feature that I will detail in the documentation. I've written it with Fail2Ban in mind. The more technically inclined (who run their own servers) can make the free version do everything that the paid version can do.

You can find it on the download page, or my server will update the extension update xml file within an hour and your Joomla /administrator will notify you of the upgrade option.

Now, to finalize the split - time to write the pro version!

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #290 by michael
Guh... frontend restrictions are not working in the newly released (this morning) J3.7!

I'm working on a solution!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fujau

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #337 by Fujau
Fujau replied the topic: AdminExile Front-End Restriction not working for me
One hell of a extension :)

I am am vulnerable at present as i have just upgraded and started to be hacked so i had to come up with another name for administrator

do you have a time line Micheal on the fix then i will pay for the pro version as it has saved my bacon alot

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum