SSL Labs Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

Brute Force

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #196 by gaasen
gaasen created the topic: Brute Force
Hi there,
I noticed that the brute force seem to be missing from the latest version of AdminExile. ?

I hope this is not the case as I am a big fan of this feature.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #197 by tonydoe
tonydoe replied the topic: Brute Force

gaasen wrote: Hi there,
I noticed that the brute force seem to be missing from the latest version of AdminExile. ?

I hope this is not the case as I am a big fan of this feature.

I am also a bit sad that the anti-bruteforce feature has gone. I have been using it a lot. Please bring it back:)

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #198 by olddirtret
olddirtret replied the topic: Brute Force
Just updated AdminExile and I too see that BruteForce is missing.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #202 by slashdottom
slashdottom replied the topic: Brute Force
I'm also disappointed and have written my response here; www.richeyweb.com/forum/extension-discussions/45-adminexile/201

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #203 by gaasen
gaasen replied the topic: Brute Force
Hi there Slashdottom, I read your other post, and am extremely disappointed to learn that the developer have removed this functionality from adminexile after all this time, just to "force" us to purchase the Pro version.

I hope this was done without much thought, and that the developer will reinstate this functionality again in the free version as soon as possible.

I am unfortunately feeling like I am being held for ransom, and being an extension I use for security makes me even more worried!!

I will wait for a few days, but if the case is still the same, then I will go ahead and replace this plugin as there are other plugins available. Search for "Brute force" in the JED.

But, as I said above, I do hope I don't have to do that as I have been happy with AdminExile for a long time.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #206 by michael
michael replied the topic: Brute Force
I'm not forcing anyone to purchase anything.

I added a logging feature in the both versions which can be used by Fail2Ban in order to trigger automatic firewall blocking for users who attempt to bruteforce.

This was a major rewrite in advance of J3.7 which would have broken even more functionality within the plugin.

If you want to stick with 2.3.7 - here it is - and it is now unsupported:

www.richeyweb.com/component/ars/reposito...2-3.7.zip?format=zip

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum