SSL Labs Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

installation error

More
1 month 1 week ago #270 by deannab
deannab created the topic: installation error
is there an issue with multiple installations on the same domain in the new pro version? installed to the live site just fine, but got an error adding it to the beta installation.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #272 by michael
michael replied the topic: installation error
That's a file permissions problem. I suspect you can't install anything presently. This is a server configuration issue.

Either the file/folders aren't owned by the webserver user (likely) - or the website tmp directory has the immutable bit set (unlikely).

run this command:

ps aux | grep apache
or
ps aux | grep httpd

You'll see several lines that begin with something like www-data, apache, httpd - this is the user who owns the web server process. To allow the web server to write to the Joomla install folders, those folders need to be writable by the web server user.

So, lets say you're running Ubuntu - the web server user will be www-data. The www-data user is a member of the group www-data, so if you change ownership of the files to the www-data group - and change permissions to g+w, you'll be golden.

The command to change ownership of the files to www-data group is:

chgrp www-data /home/treeclim/public_html -R
chmod g+rw /home/treeclim/public_html -R

More
1 month 4 days ago #282 by deannab
deannab replied the topic: installation error
didn't know yet that i needed to uninstall the old version before i installed the pro version. no problems after that so far

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum