SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io ScoreHSTS Preloaded

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

Server Error 500 on logout

More
4 months 1 week ago #3984 by michael
Replied by michael on topic Server Error 500 on logout
That's rough.... 500 errors are hard to track down because they don't usually leave a log indicating what the issue is. Have you looked at the logs?

The plugin operates like this. On the frontend, it exits as soon as the frontend is detected (JFactory::getApplication()->isSite()) - so it should not affect front-end usage in any way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 3 hours ago #4178 by Traveller
I still have no idea what is causing this Error 500 on logout from the backend. None of the posts above seems to help me. Does anyone know how to fix this annoying problem?
Also, I note on the Joomla Extensions website that the latest version is 3.14, which was last updated on 7 October 2019. However, when I download the latest version I ger v 3.16.3 which is the same version What is the correct version number?

More
6 days 20 hours ago #4179 by michael
Replied by michael on topic Server Error 500 on logout
The JED used to poll the extension website to get the latest version - but they don't do that anymore. The correct/current version is 3.16.3.

If you had an error message, it would be helpful to determine the issue. Without it, I would be stabbing in the dark as to the cause. 500 is a response that can mean anything....without an error, it's useless.

Even turning on display_errors in php.ini may be helpful - even turning it on temporarily to discover an actual error message would be useful.

More
6 days 9 hours ago #4180 by Traveller
I posted comments on the error situation in Post 3875 above, some 5 months ago. You kindly responded by saying you would do some tests. I have not heard whether those tests revealed anything useful. Here is the error log output once again:
mysite.co.uk [Mon Jan 13 09:47:03 2020] [error] [client 86.149.74.42:0] malformed header from script 'index.php': Bad header: 404 Not Found
Previously, you said that the error had been modfied by the server.
I do not have a php.ini file at top level.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.