SSL Labs Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

login screen not displayed AdminExile

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #342 by roicarl
roicarl created the topic: login screen not displayed AdminExile
Have used this extension for some time without a problem. Today I can not get the login screen. My only access to Joomla is via cPanel to the Joomla DB. What do I need to do to deactivate AdminExile in the Joomla DB so I can login in? Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #353 by n8solutions
n8solutions replied the topic: login screen not displayed AdminExile
I realize it's been a while since you posted this but in the off chance it helps you or someone else I'll post the information here. You need to read over the documentation. In it, at the bottom, he explains what to do if you lose access to the admin section.

www.richeyweb.com/documentation/2-adminexile

HELP

Things go wrong. As much as we like my extensions to work perfectly, for everyone, all the time - people will still misconfigure the plugin, forget their keys, blacklist themselves, or get so many penalties against their IP address that they'll never get back in. We get click-happy sometimes too. Let's get you back up and running, shall we?

STOP! Don't delete anything! You can corrupt your system if you start deleting things. Joomla keeps records, and if you delete a file - you may not be able to purge the record of that file from the Joomla database.

This method for disabling the plugin requires access to your server filesystem. You only need to rename the same file twice. It's very easy. Follow this process step-by-step to ensure the integrity of your system.
  1. Access your server filesystem in whatever means you normally use to browse the server files (FTP, SSH, FISH, CPanel).
    • Your access method needs to provide the ability to rename files.
  2. Navigate to your Joomla website folders, into the plugins/system/adminexile directory.
  3. Rename adminexile.php - you can rename it to anything, but I like adding an "X" to the filename, like this: Xadminexile.php.
    • I will refer to this filename later, so don't be confused if you renamed it to something else.
  4. Once renamed, Joomla can't load this file - this means that AdminExile is no longer protecting your site.
    • Additionally, it means that it can't keep you locked out anymore!
  5. Browse to your /administrator folder, into the Plugin Manager, and disable AdminExile.
  6. Back in your server filesystem, rename Xadminexile.php back to adminexile.php.
    • By doing this, you can uninstall using the Extension Manager if you so choose, or re-enable the plugin for use once the configuration issues are resolved.

The whole process should take only a few minutes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum