SSL Labs Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

Google authenticator not working

More
1 month 3 days ago #360 by jarruza
jarruza created the topic: Google authenticator not working
Hi, I have been using for long time AdminExile pluging in several website built with Joomla.
And I use it with the higly valuable of integration with Google Authenticator feature.
Now I realized that if I put a wrong Google Authenticator number twice, I am getting access to backend.
May you please assit me with this issue?
Many thanks
Best

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #361 by michael
michael replied the topic: Google authenticator not working
If Google Authenticator is sending a session cookie for your site, it could cause it to let you in.....but I don't see why they would send the session cookie unless you had successfully authenticated.

I suppose I have some testing to do.

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #362 by michael
michael replied the topic: Google authenticator not working
Hold on - this isn't right..... Why is Google Authenticator my problem?

In order to get to the /administrator login form, you MUST have already entered the URL key(s) or added yourself to the whitelist. Once AdminExile has cleared you to view the /administrator login form, it ignores you. Whatever you're putting into the login form that's letting you in after 2 attempts is a function of your authentication plugins - not AdminExile. AdminExile isn't an authentication plugin, it's a system plugin. It doesn't have any facility to log you in - it only prevents or allows the display of the /administrator login page.

If the Google Authenticator plugin is malfunctioning, you should contact the author of that plugin.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum