SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

AdminExile Pro

More
1 month 5 days ago #871 by oxxo
oxxo created the topic: AdminExile Pro
Hi Michael
Can you give me a hint of what´s going wrong with my AdminExile Pro
Every time I log in to my admin page (with no problems) I immediately get a BruteForce email that someone have tried to break in. This someone is ME (my ip-address):woohoo:

"The IP address is blocked from your /administrator login page (even with correct keys) until 0000-00-00 00:00:00. If the attack continues before the expiration, the expiration date/time will be extended.
At the time of this email, the attacker has made 2 attempts to access /administrator."

I only logged in once - not two ??
Thanks in advance
Claes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 5 days ago #877 by michael
michael replied the topic: AdminExile Pro
Did you change brute force settings? It's possible to make it so sensitive that it trips on everything.

More
1 month 5 days ago #881 by oxxo
oxxo replied the topic: AdminExile Pro
No ! Not at all
When I log out I´m returned to my homepage ( as a second brute-force attack) not to my admin-Log-in page (as normally) And immediately I´m blocked.

The free adminexile was in a way much better. I could block an Ip for e.g. 5000 min, penalty x100 and brute force attack number to 1 try. Meaning, I got rid of that ip for a very, very long time
Of course I could put my ip-address at the white-list.
I wonder why this is happening and if there are some more problems I´m not aware of right now.
Looking forward for more advice
Claes

More
1 month 5 days ago #882 by michael
I'll run through the full set of tests. J3.8.6 introduced some issues in other extensions.

More
1 month 5 days ago #885 by michael
OK, fully tested - with default settings, I was not blocked until I failed a 5th attempt.

Do you have a redirect plugin installed?

Try watching your server access log to determine if you have something else making requests (ajax requests count)

More
1 month 3 days ago #902 by oxxo
oxxo replied the topic: AdminExile Pro
The redirect plugin is enabled.
Anyway - my ip is now on the white-list and I will leave it so with no further research. Can´t spend more time.
Is the free adminexile going to work for J4.0 ?
br

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum