SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io ScoreHSTS Preloaded

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× EU e-Privacy Directive needs your help!

A free extension like this survives only by reputation. You can help by submitting a review in the Joomla Extension Directory. Please take the time to make a review by clicking on the link below (opens in a new window)

extensions.joomla.org/write-review/review/add?extension_id=4850

Social cookies and user group

More
7 months 5 days ago #3828 by Styxeldiablo
Hello there,

So to get better insight on the cookies i use on my site i downloaded cookie manager for firefox.
When i go to my site the original cookies are blocked like they should using this plugin, i'm also using a Facebook plugin (My Facebook Page) and these cookies aren't blocked. I red that 3rd party cookies can be worked around by creating a new user group so that's what i did.
I made the FB module visible for only the group that i've chosen in de eu-privacy-directive plugin under the tab advanced. Now when i go to my site the FB module doesn't show at all... when i accept or decline cookies makes no difference.
I noticed that the cookies only get set when i click on the FB module and a pop up screen comes up, is it my responsibillity to do something about these cookies or is facebook responsible?
Maybe there is some code i can put in a file which will block the FB cookie script untill someone accepted the cookies? And where can i find the code and where to put it?

When i went to this site and declined cookies i could see in the cookie manager that 2 cookies still were active:

lidc --> .linkedin.com cookie
_ir --> api.pinterest.com cookie

regarding,

Robert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.