SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io ScoreHSTS Preloaded

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× EU e-Privacy Directive needs your help!

A free extension like this survives only by reputation. You can help by submitting a review in the Joomla Extension Directory. Please take the time to make a review by clicking on the link below (opens in a new window)

extensions.joomla.org/write-review/review/add?extension_id=4850

Cookie usergroups / access levels setup for EU cookielaw

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #3839 by jjnxpct
Hi! I think this cookie tool is excellent. Most cookiebars I come across are just simple 'Agree by using the site' notification. This is not what is needed for (european) sites. There must be consent BEFORE placing cookies that do user tracking like the FB pixel.

When we have set up GA to anonimize IP's and set it up so we don't need active consent (this is possible / allowed) we can place the javascript (google tracking code) using the HeadTag plugin and setting it to the public access level. Thereby setting the GA cookie(s) without using the consent option of this plugin. And for a FB pixel or other tools that set 3th party cookies we use the 'cookies no' and 'cookie yes' access levels that works with the consent plugin / module.

When someone visits the site, GA tracking code is 'activated' but not the FB pixel / others. So only the tools that set cookies that need explicit consent will be placed after 'agree'.

This way we can use GA if someone doe not want (3th party tracking) cookies.

I believe this is a setup that conforms with the EU 'cookielaw'.

Do you agree or do you think I am missing something?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.