SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io ScoreHSTS Preloaded

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× EU e-Privacy Directive needs your help!

A free extension like this survives only by reputation. You can help by submitting a review in the Joomla Extension Directory. Please take the time to make a review by clicking on the link below (opens in a new window)

extensions.joomla.org/write-review/review/add?extension_id=4850

Cookie Message keeps showing after decline selected

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #3877 by bandit
First of all, thank you for that great extension. I'm still in the testing phase.

I set it up according to the documentation. Everything seems to work, but when someone selects to decline cookies, the cookie message keeps popping up at every second page. (Domain: bsoc.bains.de )
It makes no difference to select "yes" or "no" at "Force Session Cookie". Even with selecting "yes"n no session cookie is set.

Any chance to change that behavior?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #3886 by michael
You're not displaying the module when users decline cookies. It's a volatile data value stored in the module which keeps track of the declined state. If the module isn't present, the user cannot change their mind and accept cookies later.

The plugin is designed to never lock a user into a decision. If they accept, they can later decline. If they decline, they can later accept.

Always display the module and this behavior will go away.

When I select Yes, I get the session cookie as expected.
Last edit: 3 months 1 week ago by michael.

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #3895 by bandit
Thank you for the quick reply.

The module is active on every page with access level "public". It is shown at the bottom of the page.
After selecting "decline" (ablehnen), you see it at the bottom of the page. Navigating to another page, it stays there. Navigating to the next page, it goes away ant the popup shows again.
I have two cookie groups: ".youtube.com" and ".accounts.google.com .doubleclick.net .google.com". They are both associated with the access level "cookies". All this is set in the "Cookie Removal" section and nothing is defined under the "Cookie Definitions" section.

The session cookie is set ok when selecting "OK" for the cookies. But when I tried "Force Session Cookie" in the plugin settings, the session cookie was not forced and only set after "OK" was selected.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.