SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io ScoreHSTS Preloaded

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× EU e-Privacy Directive needs your help!

A free extension like this survives only by reputation. You can help by submitting a review in the Joomla Extension Directory. Please take the time to make a review by clicking on the link below (opens in a new window)

extensions.joomla.org/write-review/review/add?extension_id=4850

EU e-Privacy Access Level View

More
1 month 1 week ago #4048 by Werner
Hi,
first I have to say that I love the plugin. It has a lot of settings but is very easy to use - so thank you for your good work.

I use e-privacy 3.10.13
and headtag 3.5.10

I have defined two user groups: "Cookies" and "No Cookies" both from "Public". Therefore to access levels "Cookies" (Registered and Cookies and "No Cookies" (No Cookies). Both are insterted in the plugin under "Advanced". "Cookies" for Accepted Access Level and "No Cookies" for Decline Access Level.

But it seems that it doesn't work. When I define a custom tag with a Google Analytics script in your headtag plugin and set the Access Level "Cookies" it doesn't appear. It doesn't matter If I agree, disagree or do Nothing to the cookie banner. When I give the script the Access Level "public" it works.

Maybe you can help me out?

Thank you in Advance!

Jenny

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #4049 by Werner
I have a further Information for you.

When I set the Access Level "Cookies" for a module, then it works. So it seems that the problem is with the headtag-plugin.

More
1 month 1 week ago #4055 by michael
That's a cool usage scenario! I can see an issue if you're using eprivacy to block 3rd party cookies (like google analytics).

That's actually why I wrote my Google Analytics (No Cookies) extension - so I could do things like this with users who haven't accepted cookies yet.

If you're not using it to stop google analytics cookies, then let me know.

More
1 month 6 days ago #4057 by Werner
Hi Michael,

thank you very much for your answer.

It doesn't matter if it's the Google Analytic script or something else.
I also tried it with a simple comment in the script tag - same problem.

It is very strange because I use this with the same settings on another domain and it works perfeclty :)
I also tried it locally on a xampp Installation and it also work with the "problem site".

Thank you also for the tipp with the Google Analytics plugin. Sounds intresting! :)
Would it help you If I give you the domain?

Greetings!

Jenny

More
1 month 6 days ago #4059 by michael
Without logging into the backend, I'm not sure having the domain would be helpful.

What might be helpful though...

Check the order of the system plugins, and be sure eprivacy is running before headtag.

Eprivacy sets a usergroup upon acceptance of cookies, but if headtag runs first - the usergroup isn't set yet - so no ACL tags will be added for that group or access levels containing that group..... off the top of my head.

Michael

More
1 month 6 days ago #4062 by Werner
Thank you. You got it!
But how can I solve that?

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.