SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× EU e-Privacy Directive needs your help!

A free extension like this survives only by reputation. You can help by submitting a review in the Joomla Extension Directory. Please take the time to make a review by clicking on the link below (opens in a new window)

extensions.joomla.org/write-review/review/add?extension_id=4850

EU e-privacy directive and PDF output from Fabrik

More
9 months 6 days ago - 9 months 6 days ago #470 by pietro
pietro created the topic: EU e-privacy directive and PDF output from Fabrik
I'm using "EU e-privacy directive" version 3.5 together Fabrik 3.8 on Joomla! 3.8.3
I have problems with Fabrik PDF output as you can see in this thread:
fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/er...pdf-not-found.48152/

EU e-privacy directive system plugin cause the PDF doc to load before Fabrik system plugin has run.

In Joomla! administration I checked Plug-ins (Extensions Plugin Manager Edit), and for 'System - fabrik' its ordering is below 'System - EU e-Privacy Directive': when I disable this last one, PDF Fabrik button works. If I try to change ordering and save, it keeps old ordering anyway, it refuses to change, so I have to disable privacy plug-in in order to get PDF.
Last Edit: 9 months 6 days ago by pietro.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 5 days ago #471 by cheesegrits
cheesegrits replied the topic: EU e-privacy directive and PDF output from Fabrik
Hi,

I'm the lead Fabrik dev.

I loaded the EU Privacy extension, and the problem I'm seeing is slightly different to what pietro is seeing, but still prevents PDF documents being rendered. Well, any doc type other than HTML.

The problem is that the __construct() method for the eprivacy system plugin is calling JFactory::getDocument(), before J!'s routing has completed, so the 'format' input hasn't been set (happens in parseRoute), so J!'s default doc gets created as the default type (html).

I can't work round this in Fabrik. System plugins shouldn't call JFactory::getDocument() during init.

I would suggest a code change so the plugin either delays creating $this->_doc until first use, or simply don't cache it like that, just fetch it when it's needed.

-- hugh

More
9 months 2 days ago #475 by michael
michael replied the topic: EU e-privacy directive and PDF output from Fabrik
3.5.1 is available for download now. Everything except the class property defaults have been removed from the constructor.

Thanks for the tip Hugh. Will you be going to JoomlaDay Houston again this year? I'd like to catch more than the last 10 minutes of your presentation this time (I was taking the Joomla exam last year)
The following user(s) said Thank You: cheesegrits

More
9 months 2 days ago #479 by michael
3.5.2 is now the latest - added a very simple feature request from another user.

More
9 months 2 days ago #480 by JAVesey
JAVesey replied the topic: EU e-privacy directive and PDF output from Fabrik
Hi Michael,

Trying to update from v3.5 to v3.5.2 but the update fails.

Tried the Update component, uploading the .zip file and using the URL but without success. I'm sure its something minor :)

J v3.8.3, PHP 7.1.13

More
9 months 2 days ago #481 by michael
It's something minor, and totally my fault.

I have automated tools to build my plugins and modules when I trigger them, but no automated tools to build packages (like eprivacy, 2 modules and a plugin in 1 installer)

When I manually packaged it, I didn't update the plugin version numbers and your site can't find the files...because it's looking for the wrong files.

Totally my fault. Repaired in 3.5.3 - your auto-updater will pick it up in about 15 minutes or you can download it manually now.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum