SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

access level trouble

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #577 by Deuerling
Deuerling created the topic: agree/decline buttons do not work on all devices
Hello,

I installed the Extension and managed to get it all to work. Frist it didnt work at all (checked it with Mozilla addon "cookie quick manager"), but as I read the Install-Instructions carefully, I saw, that I had to set the user groups and viewing access levels. Well, now it works all fine. The modules and plugins only load, when I agree to the terms. I checked, wheather the site sets any cookies with Mozilla "cookie quick manager". Result: there are no cookies at the first site entry. Nor are there cookies, when I decline. Thats fine and it works as supposed! Thank you very much for that Extension!

BUT: The agree/decline button does not work yet. And I think it has something to do with that the user access-level will not be reset to fair "public" level after cookies are rejected again with the button provided by the extension.

After I first agreed with the terms, it sets me to the user access level "cookies accepted". All the modules and plugins load, because the access level fits. But I recognise, that all the modules and plugins (which should actually be blocked again) are still running after clicking on "decline" again. I think, the decline button does not set me back to fair "public" level as public guest.

Did I miss something in the install-instructions, or do I have to configure something else?

Help would be very appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #578 by michael
michael replied the topic: agree/decline buttons do not work on all devices
I moved your comment to a new post to keep the support requests separate.

After following the recommended group/access level changes, the cookie acl items should follow the acceptance by the user. accepted - items appear, declined - they disappear.

To be sure you have it set correctly. The group/access level configuration should be:

New cookie group as a child of public. New cookie access level containing at least the cookie group (optional, include registered in this acl).

Each item that should be visible only to users who have accepted cookies should be assigned to the cookie access level.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #579 by Deuerling
Deuerling replied the topic: access level trouble
Hi, that works only for the very first visit of the homepage. If your very first decision ist to decline the cookies, it does not set you to "cookies accepted" and the website hides the modules. But if you press the button "accept cookies" and then "decline" again, the "decline" button does not set you back to fair "public". The modules will still be visible and set cookies, even if you are in the "I declined" status.

At least it works like that on my project-homepage ( www.energievision-franken.de ) that way. You can check it if you want, but it is all in german (the button is translated as well). You can see your cookie-button (in german) in the upper right corner.

One of the mudules which should be re-hidden by the plugin is the joomla-login-module. You can access/see it by the very top menu. It isn't visible, if you decline the cookies at the very first visit. But once cookies were accepted, it will always be visible. Even if you re-decline the cookies.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #581 by michael
michael replied the topic: access level trouble
Something is definitely wrong. When I arrive at your site, I get no cookies (which is intended behavior). If I decline, still no cookies (intended behavior). I reconsider and accept cookies, and I receive cookies (intended behavior). However, if I reconsider and decline - cookies remain.

I have a feeling there's something not quite right about the group/access level configuration. Screenshots?

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #583 by Deuerling
Deuerling replied the topic: agree/decline buttons do not work on all devices

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #584 by michael
michael replied the topic: agree/decline buttons do not work on all devices
"Projekte" is a child group of "Registered"?

There isn't a reason to have "Manager" and "Super Users" assigned to the "Accepted Cookies" access level as they are children of the "Registered" access level. If you're in "Manager" you're in "Registered". Same goes for Projekte - if it's a child group of Registered - it doesn't need to be included.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum