SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× EU e-Privacy Directive needs your help!

A free extension like this survives only by reputation. You can help by submitting a review in the Joomla Extension Directory. Please take the time to make a review by clicking on the link below (opens in a new window)

extensions.joomla.org/write-review/review/add?extension_id=4850

Conflict with Yootheme Builder

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #938 by jfquestiaux
jfquestiaux created the topic: Conflict with Yootheme Builder
Hi,

There seems to be a conflict between the EU-directive plugin and the Builder used in the Yootheme Pro framework.
If you're not familiar with this templating framework (it's a paid component), it's a little hard to explain what the problem is but my hint is this:

In the backend, when you edit the template, instead of having just settings to adjust, you have an iframe of the front end and you can use a "Builder" to "build" the page, adding blocks of elements (blocks of HTML, images, slideshow, J! modules, ...).

When the EU plugin is enabled, this does not work: the builder sys that the page is not connected to the theme, and so it can't be edited. There are no JS error reported by the console, but there is the message : The EU e-Privacy Directive extension REQUIRES the eprivacy module to be published.

So my guess is that the problem comes from that the EU plugin is not meant to work on the admin side, which is normal, but then it creates a conflict when you have the kind of Yootheme system.

I'm not sure you can do something about it, but I thought to report it. My workaround so far has been to disable the EU plugin while I'm editing something with the builder and re-enable it when I'm done. A little cumbersome but it's working.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #940 by michael
michael replied the topic: Conflict with Yootheme Builder
That message shouldn't be appearing in the backend.....

I'll look into that.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #941 by michael
Confirmed!

Version 3.6.6 is out. Your updater should recognize it in about an hour - or you can download it from the plugin page.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jfquestiaux

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #945 by jfquestiaux
jfquestiaux replied the topic: Conflict with Yootheme Builder
I'll let you know when I've updated. Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #947 by jfquestiaux
jfquestiaux replied the topic: Conflict with Yootheme Builder
It's working great. Thanks again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #948 by michael
Great to hear - and thanks for letting me know about the bug! I want my extensions to be the best they can be, and bug reports really help to make that a reality.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum