SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io ScoreHSTS Preloaded

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× EU e-Privacy Directive needs your help!

A free extension like this survives only by reputation. You can help by submitting a review in the Joomla Extension Directory. Please take the time to make a review by clicking on the link below (opens in a new window)

extensions.joomla.org/write-review/review/add?extension_id=4850

Little bug on reconsider cookies

More
1 year 5 months ago #1356 by cyskye
Thank you Richey!!! Now it works perfectly!!! About the domains you were looking for, I called the assistance and there's no way I could even transfer them to you, so it's really impossible for you to buy. Sorry.
Anyway, you did an amazing work and I really appreciate how seriously you do it and the passion you demonstrate in it.
You're great.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #1357 by michael
Happy to hear it! The domains weren't important. I didn't want to buy a domain that I couldn't use later, so I spent some time searching and found those. It's rare to find a single word domain, even if it uses the TLD as part of the letters.

The big news is I have confirmation from 2 sources that the fix was successful. Yay!

More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #1903 by Mrsmisty
I have read your discussion and did all the things that was suggested even this:

"One more thing!

In order for the fix to work, you MUST enter the Cookie Domain into Joomla Global Configuration."

But still I am in that loop of accepting cookies, remove cookies, reconsider cookies... and so on... If they accept, the login module is viewable. If not, they cannot log in.

site: www.diprofilm.nl

Thanks in advance for a reply.
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Mrsmisty.

More
1 year 4 months ago #1904 by michael
What you have described is the intended operation.

users must accept cookies before they can log in. the module is always visible because the GDPR requires users be given the tools to withdraw consent as easily as they grant it.

The loop is intended operation.

More
1 year 4 months ago #1912 by Mrsmisty
Hi Michael,

Yes, I understand that one has to accept cookies. Attachment 1
The problem is, when accepted, they get a message that they can remove the cookies or reconsider. Attachment 2 and 3.
The message stays, it won't leave the page. Is that normal? The login button is underneath these lines. If it is okay like that, than I should change the place where the button of the login of the website is.

Attachments:

More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #1913 by danielecr
It's normal behaviour if I understood correctly; for the law a user can accept the cookies, but at any time the same user can change his opinion (change consent) or can remove cookies (set by the site, not third parties because of the same origin policy).
So normal behaviour is:
1- Banner to accept/decline cookies
2- if accepted, banner to change consent or remove cookies
3- if declined, banner to reconsider
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by danielecr.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.