SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io ScoreHSTS Preloaded

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× EU e-Privacy Directive needs your help!

A free extension like this survives only by reputation. You can help by submitting a review in the Joomla Extension Directory. Please take the time to make a review by clicking on the link below (opens in a new window)

extensions.joomla.org/write-review/review/add?extension_id=4850

Little bug on reconsider cookies

More
1 year 4 months ago #1912 by Mrsmisty
Hi Michael,

Yes, I understand that one has to accept cookies. Attachment 1
The problem is, when accepted, they get a message that they can remove the cookies or reconsider. Attachment 2 and 3.
The message stays, it won't leave the page. Is that normal? The login button is underneath these lines. If it is okay like that, than I should change the place where the button of the login of the website is.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #1913 by danielecr
It's normal behaviour if I understood correctly; for the law a user can accept the cookies, but at any time the same user can change his opinion (change consent) or can remove cookies (set by the site, not third parties because of the same origin policy).
So normal behaviour is:
1- Banner to accept/decline cookies
2- if accepted, banner to change consent or remove cookies
3- if declined, banner to reconsider
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by danielecr.

More
1 year 4 months ago #1921 by michael
danielecr explained the operation of my extension correctly. GDPR requires that consent be as easily withdrawn as it is given.

GDPR Article 7.3 is the guiding text:

The data subject shall have the right to withdraw his or her consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. Prior to giving consent, the data subject shall be informed thereof. It shall be as easy to withdraw as to give consent.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.