SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× EU e-Privacy Directive needs your help!

A free extension like this survives only by reputation. You can help by submitting a review in the Joomla Extension Directory. Please take the time to make a review by clicking on the link below (opens in a new window)

extensions.joomla.org/write-review/review/add?extension_id=4850

Permanently kicked out of the backend after activation

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #979 by dirkzc
dirkzc created the topic: Permanently kicked out of the backend after activation
Hi, I just installed the latest e-privacy on a Joomla 3.8.6 System.
As soon as I activate the e-privacy Plugin I get kicked out of the backend.
I log back in - one mouseclick and being logged off again.
Can't do any changes anymore until I rename the /plugins/system/eprivacy folder.

Additionally, when I open the e-privacy module, Joomla shows an error "A parse error has occurred while processing the following JSON data:"
Below this message the source code of the Joomla backend login is listed.

This is a serious problem.
Any idea?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #981 by michael
michael replied the topic: Permanently kicked out of the backend after activation
This is normal operation. You won't be able to stay logged into the backend if you have not accepted cookies in the front-end while using the same browser. I mention this in the demo video.

When doing testing, I open the site in a Chrome Incognito window, which doesn't affect my /administrator login.

This happens because there is no method to distinguish between the frontend session cookie and the /administrator session cookie.

What version of PHP are you running? I haven't seen that JSON error. The extension is running on gdpr.richeyweb.com (and about 10,000 other websites) - you can see it in action there.
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by michael.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #983 by dirkzc
dirkzc replied the topic: Permanently kicked out of the backend after activation
Thanks for your response. I'm running PHP 7.0.

However I solved the problem myself.
Due to the JSON error it was not possible to save changes in backend and I wasn't able to place the module in position.
Plus the AJAX plugin was inactive. That's probably the cause for the JSON error, I guess.
So what I did was rename the eprivacy folder (by FTP), then place and activate the module and the AJAX plugin.
Next step rename the eprivacy folder to origin.

Site is working fine now. Seems it's been my fault, maybe I mixed up the correct order in setup.

Thanks for making the Joomla Plugin, very helpful feature! 👍
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #984 by michael
michael replied the topic: Permanently kicked out of the backend after activation
This should help:

The following user(s) said Thank You: dirkzc

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum