A free extension like this survives only by reputation. You can help by submitting a review in the Joomla Extension Directory. Please take the time to make a review by clicking on the link below (opens in a new window)
First of all my congratulations for your extension, one of the best (if not the best) I tried.
I'm still trying the extesion and I'm struggling with deleting third party cookies: more into details, I'm using statcounter cookies for analytics purposes.
My statcounter script is in a custom module and I created the new group "Cookies" and assigned to this module.
When I click on "remove cookies" in the module, all the joomla cookies are deleted and this is ok, but statcounter cookies remain in the pc: is there a way to delete these cookies too?
In Chrome, press the F12 key (or go to the Chrome menu and choose "More Tools" > "Developer Tools". Go to the "Application" tab. On the left, find "Cookies" and expand it. You should find a list of domains supplying cookies for the page/site. Click each domain and you have access to the stored cookies. They can be deleted from there.
In Firefox, the process is similar. F12 or Menu > "Web Developer" > "Storage Inspector". Then it's the same - open cookies, view the domains, delete the cookies.
Safari is similar, but I don't have a mac fired up right now, So is IE 11+, but I don't have any of my virtual machines running to pull that exact process.
Thank you for your fast reply, yes I know that it can be done manually through the browser, I was thinking about an automatic (maybe custom, based on the cooky name) action to delete third party cookies, when the user click on "remove cookies", but I just noticed that it is written in the popup, that "third party cookies will no longer communicate to the parent sites, but cannot be removed by this website.."
Yeah, I wish it could, but the Same Origin policy restricts it. They, literally, cooked that restriction directly into all browsers for security. Domain A cannot interact with cookies set by Domain B, which is why I built my extension to operate the way it does. I can't affect them after they're set, so I provide a mechanism to prevent them from being set in the first place (the user group/access level)