SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

How to delete third party cookies (statcounter)

More
1 week 4 days ago #999 by danielecr
danielecr created the topic: How to delete third party cookies (statcounter)
Hello Michael!
First of all my congratulations for your extension, one of the best (if not the best) I tried.
I'm still trying the extesion and I'm struggling with deleting third party cookies: more into details, I'm using statcounter cookies for analytics purposes.

My statcounter script is in a custom module and I created the new group "Cookies" and assigned to this module.
When I click on "remove cookies" in the module, all the joomla cookies are deleted and this is ok, but statcounter cookies remain in the pc: is there a way to delete these cookies too?

Thank you very much!

Daniele

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 4 days ago #1000 by michael
michael replied the topic: How to delete third party cookies (statcounter)
It can be done with your browser.

In Chrome, press the F12 key (or go to the Chrome menu and choose "More Tools" > "Developer Tools". Go to the "Application" tab. On the left, find "Cookies" and expand it. You should find a list of domains supplying cookies for the page/site. Click each domain and you have access to the stored cookies. They can be deleted from there.

In Firefox, the process is similar. F12 or Menu > "Web Developer" > "Storage Inspector". Then it's the same - open cookies, view the domains, delete the cookies.

Safari is similar, but I don't have a mac fired up right now, So is IE 11+, but I don't have any of my virtual machines running to pull that exact process.

I put links to each of the processes on gdpr.richeyweb.com/clearing-cookies

More
1 week 4 days ago #1001 by michael
Thank you for the praise...I should have mentioned that first :)

More
1 week 4 days ago #1002 by danielecr
danielecr replied the topic: How to delete third party cookies (statcounter)
Thank you for your fast reply, yes I know that it can be done manually through the browser, I was thinking about an automatic (maybe custom, based on the cooky name) action to delete third party cookies, when the user click on "remove cookies", but I just noticed that it is written in the popup, that "third party cookies will no longer communicate to the parent sites, but cannot be removed by this website.."

Daniele

More
1 week 4 days ago #1003 by michael
Yeah, I wish it could, but the Same Origin policy restricts it. They, literally, cooked that restriction directly into all browsers for security. Domain A cannot interact with cookies set by Domain B, which is why I built my extension to operate the way it does. I can't affect them after they're set, so I provide a mechanism to prevent them from being set in the first place (the user group/access level)

More
1 week 4 days ago #1004 by danielecr
danielecr replied the topic: How to delete third party cookies (statcounter)
I didn't know this..thank you for your reply!Then, I will not modify anything.

Daniele

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum