SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

Should I add this feature?

More
1 month 5 days ago #1099 by michael
michael created the topic: Should I add this feature?
I've had a lot of questions about the login module. Why nothing works before cookies have been set. I understand how and why everything works the way it does with my extension and Joomla, because I've been working with this law for 6 years - so I'm not bothered by explaining it.

It gives me many opportunities to consider things that would make the plugin better and one just occurred to me - another access level for users who have NOT accepted cookies.

If this was available, you could create a no-cookie custom module for every module you have added to the cookie group - assigned to the same module position.

In case of the login module - while a user has NOT accepted cookies, they are shown a custom module that says "In order to log in, you must accept cookies". When they have accepted cookies, that module disappears and is replaced by the login module. The same could be done for menu items - when a user has not accepted cookies, a menu item may link to a generic page stating "you haven't accepted cookies, so this content isn't available to you".

The idea being, the necessity of cookies would be highlighted if they keep running into brick walls.

I'd love to hear your thoughts about this. Even the detractors - I would like to hear any positive or negative comment regarding this potential feature.

Thank you for your time!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 days ago #1103 by michael
michael replied the topic: Should I add this feature?

I'd still like feedback on this - but it's definitely getting implemented....

Other major improvements coming! I had a brainstorm early this morning which will fill several user requests and put the EU e-Privacy extension light years ahead of the light years it's already ahead of the other cookie plugins!

Unfortunately, to use these new features, the Javascript Prompt method cannot be used.....these features are interactive and JS prompt() can't hack it.

This is going to be awesome!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum