SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

Modal not displaying...modally!

More
1 month 1 day ago #1124 by Tim
Tim created the topic: Modal not displaying...modally!
Hi, Apologies if I'm in the wrong place - I have a question about your impressive ePrivacy directive extension (and thanks for making it free).
I posted in another related forum as unsure which is best so sorry about the duplicate!

The modal option displays the modal contents in a div at the bottom left of the page, inline with the rest of the content - not as a modal on top of the page.
- I have security software disabled in case it's interfering,
- I have found JS errors but they all appear to relate to Facebook.

I think this is just a display issue but cannot find a solution and cannot find any obvious CSS conflict either via my browser's dev tools.

Can you provide any insight? I'd be much obliged as this is really the only issue preventing me from using your software.

Screenshot below.

Much obliged.

Tim

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 day ago #1126 by michael
michael replied the topic: Modal not displaying...modally!
I replied to your comment in the other post and didn't see this one until now. Let's keep the conversation here:

The modal display uses bootstrap, so if your template does not use bootstrap and there is a CSS conflict, it's possible that the modal isn't being displayed correctly.

Try this:

In your browser address bar, while on your homepage, add ?tmpl=protostar

Does the modal appear normally?

If so, it's a template incompatibility. It's not the end of the world, and it's why I made so many display options available. The ribbon is CSS framework agnostic.

More
1 month 14 hours ago #1134 by Tim
Tim replied the topic: Modal not displaying...modally!
Thanks for your prompt reply.
I checked the page source for the screenshot I sent you and can confirm that the bootstrap.min.js was included in the header (albeit the file name was followed by a question mark and a long code). So perhaps also the boostrap css was required.
I edited the template header file to explicitly load both bootstrap css and js - but still the issue remains.

Any insight is appreciated. However, I will use the ribbon (forced to the bottom of the page) instead as you suggested.

Thanks again.

T

More
1 month 8 hours ago #1136 by michael
I'm willing to help you get the modal display working if that's the display you want.

The question mark and code are normal. It's to prevent browser caching on software upgrades.

So, if the bootstrap js and css are present, I wonder if they're the right versions. Are you running a template that implements bootstrap 3? A bootstrap 2 modal may not operate correctly in bootstrap 3.

Are there any javascript errors in the javascript console?

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #1144 by Tim
Tim replied the topic: Modal not displaying...modally!
Thanks for the insights and your offer of further help - I'm grateful - but I'm getting on fine with the ribbon version.
There were no JS errors in the console.

Thanks again for a great extension.
By the way (and I'm happy to raise this as a separate thread if you like), is there a way I can prove, if (probably when) I'm asked, that the 3rd party cookies are definitely being 'blocked' from communicating to their hosts?

Thanks in advance.

T

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #1145 by michael
If you're happy with the ribbon, then it's done. I already moved the topic so this is already separated.

Michael

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum