SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× EU e-Privacy Directive needs your help!

A free extension like this survives only by reputation. You can help by submitting a review in the Joomla Extension Directory. Please take the time to make a review by clicking on the link below (opens in a new window)

extensions.joomla.org/write-review/review/add?extension_id=4850

How to... Different Privacy policy languages links, how change link by language

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #1213 by morphinestyle
morphinestyle created the topic: How to... Different Privacy policy languages links, how change link by language
Great great great extension!!!! I'm very happy!

I have a question, i'll translate the plugin for every language (4 languages), but we have privacy policy + cookie policy link in every language as single links (EN, IT, FR, DE).

How i can insert more than one policy (privacy policy + cookie policy), but, most important, how can i create different privacy/cookie links to serve the correct policy language based on user language?

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #1214 by michael
michael replied the topic: How to... Different Privacy policy languages links, how change link by language
I don't have a solution for that in the current version. I can see several ways to implement it.

Until I put this into the plugin, the way I would suggest is to write all of your translations, and at the top of each translation, link to the other language versions.

I will look into language dependent privacy policy links right away.
The following user(s) said Thank You: morphinestyle

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #1216 by morphinestyle
morphinestyle replied the topic: How to... Different Privacy policy languages links, how change link by language
You intend that we can put a link (html code) together translations in the language file and it will be processed correctly?

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #1218 by michael
michael replied the topic: How to... Different Privacy policy languages links, how change link by language
I suggest writing an article for each language you intend to support - and link each article to the others. Because you have english listed first, link to that one in the plugin.

Languages: EN, IT, FR, DE (links to other articles)

Our privacy policy is......

I'm looking at how to do this in the plugin itself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: morphinestyle

More
4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #1220 by morphinestyle
morphinestyle replied the topic: How to... Different Privacy policy languages links, how change link by language
Great Michael!

OFF TOPIC. My best wish is the possibility to put entire "<a href..." tag to transform the link into a modal... (and avoid to open another page)

I think this is a great and very useful extension!
Great work Michael!!
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by morphinestyle.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #1221 by michael
The idea I have to remedy this missing feature is to enable admins to define any number of policies in the plugin config. Each would be linked to a specific language. The first article defined would be the default.

When a user arrives, their language is received from the browser and if a matching language is found in the privacy policy documents, that document is linked. If no matching language is found the default language is linked.

Does that sound like something that would be an acceptable solution?
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by michael.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum