SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

Accepted Cookies Access Level on the plugin

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #1257 by sgiobbio
sgiobbio created the topic: Accepted Cookies Access Level on the plugin
Dear Sirs,

in order to fulfill the GDPR 2018 Law, I try to assign the new "Accepted Cookies" Access Level (instead of the "Public" Access Level) to the embed-google map plugin in my joomla 3.8.7 site.
Unfortunately it doesn't work anymore: it only shows the string {google_map}lat,lon{/google_map}

If I load the plugin by a module with the new Access Level, the plugin still works, but this is not a solution, because I have multiple different strings in the site, so it would be an hard work to create a new module for each one.

Any suggestion?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #1267 by michael
michael replied the topic: Accepted Cookies Access Level on the plugin
Apparently you can embed google maps without cookies by using their version 3 API, but that's as far as I've read so far.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #1269 by sgiobbio
sgiobbio replied the topic: Accepted Cookies Access Level on the plugin
Thanks a lot Michael for your replay.
But my last question is why your plugin does'nt work with the plugins. Only with modules?
Best regards

More
2 weeks 4 days ago - 2 weeks 4 days ago #1271 by michael
It works fine with plugins.

What you described is a plugin not loading, and subsequently not replacing the {google_map}lat,lon{/google_map} tag with a map.

My plugin can directly block cookies set by the website it's installed on - but for 3rd party cookies, the best that can be done is to prevent loading the extension that uses 3rd party cookies. This is because of the "Same Origin" policy that is implemented by ALL browsers. It's a security mechanism designed to prevent one site from messing with cookies from another site (cookies from a bank, for example). So, my plugin cannot do anything to a cookie from google.com - because my plugin is not from google.com.

Your options for the map is to either:

1. look for a method to embed maps using the Maps v3 API which doesn't use cookies
2. remove the {google_map} tags so they don't look like an eyesore.

Removing the tags is super easy using something like Re-Replacer by Regular Labs
Last Edit: 2 weeks 4 days ago by michael.

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #1279 by sgiobbio
sgiobbio replied the topic: Accepted Cookies Access Level on the plugin
Dear Michael, have you an idea on why the embed-google-map-plugin does'nt load when it is assigned to the new "Accepted Cookies" Access Level (instead of the "Public" Access Level) and your plugin is enabled? Perhaps a conflict? It works again if I return it on "Public", but obviously in this way the block of third-party cookies is not working.
Thanks a lot for your patience.

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #1280 by michael
My gdpr.richeyweb.com demo site uses lots of plugins with the accepted cookies access level, and it works fine.

I don't think you understand how it works.

Plugins that are assigned to the accepted cookies access level don't run until a user accepts cookies. Same applies to modules, same applies to menu items.

The only reason the plugin might not operate is if you've enabled caching, then Joomla is displaying the cached content and not processing plugin tags until the cache expires.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum