SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

Eprivacy and Google Analytics

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #1262 by Schletterer
Schletterer created the topic: Eprivacy and Google Analytics
Hi,

I understood that the module/plugin prevents setting of the google cookie until user agrees.

Now my question: Where to put the GA code in relation to the plugin code? Just before end of head of index.php of template, like usual?

Does the eprivacy have anything to do with IP anonymisation?

Thanks, Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #1264 by michael
michael replied the topic: Eprivacy and Google Analytics
eprivacy doesn't modify the way GA works. IP anonymization is a GA setting. You would need to add your GA plugin to the accepted cookies access level, which prevents GA from loading until after the user has accepted cookies.

You can, however, take a look at my cookie free GA plugin. I wrote it so GDPR compliance doesn't mess with analytics. That plugin implements all available GA features - including (optional) IP anonymization.

More
1 week 5 days ago #1367 by neilw
neilw replied the topic: Eprivacy and Google Analytics
Michael, Thanks for your help lately! Have given up for now on the YTNC in 2.5.x, found out hashcash wasn't working after all (will post that when I get time), and now moving on to GA.

Question: I looked in the install instructions for GANC (web page) and don't see a reference to this. Right now we have GA installed as a script snippet on the index page of the template near the bottom/footer.

If I install your GA-NC plugin, do I remove that code and simply insert the client's ID into your plugin's prefs? Looking for the simplest install.

BTW, the site does not have any users logging in. Strictly viewing, etc. as visitors. We had been using the excellent ExtraWatch for tracking, but it appears they may be gone. No new version and no way to anonymize the IP as far as I can see, so looks like we're stuck with only the much more limited GA. But something is better than nothing!

Thanks again.

More
1 week 5 days ago #1368 by michael
GANC just takes your GA client id. It's a system plugin, so it doesn't need any code in the template.

Additional configuration allows for all available GA options (like IP anon, user id tracking, the entire autotrack suite, and more)

It also integrates automatically with my YouTube (No Cookies) plugin, to give playback analytics.

More
1 week 5 days ago #1395 by neilw
neilw replied the topic: Eprivacy and Google Analytics
Just purchased GANC and installed on our client's 2.5.x site. Seems to work but will need to get confirmation from them tomorrow their time.

Question: I have set it to anonymize the IP in the prefs. However, if they visitor accepts cookies through your EU-Privacy plugin, will my client then get the actual IP addresses?

More
1 week 4 days ago - 1 week 4 days ago #1396 by michael
Is anonymise ip is turned on, it stays on.

The only setting that changes on user login is user id, but only if enabled.
Last Edit: 1 week 4 days ago by michael.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum