SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× EU e-Privacy Directive needs your help!

A free extension like this survives only by reputation. You can help by submitting a review in the Joomla Extension Directory. Please take the time to make a review by clicking on the link below (opens in a new window)

extensions.joomla.org/write-review/review/add?extension_id=4850

Some questions...

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #1353 by jjnxpct
jjnxpct created the topic: Some questions...
Hi! I just installed pkg_eprivacy-3.7.3 on one of our sites where we need consent from visitors.
  • This site uses the Facebook Pixel. After installing / configuring the plugin and module the Facebook cookies are still there. Am I missing something?
  • We also have Google Analytics on this site. We have set this up so this does not need active consent. So we would like to place these cookies on the users computer regardless of the consent for other cookies like those set by the FB pixel. Is this possible? So is it possible to exclude certain cookies form the consent?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #1354 by jjnxpct
jjnxpct replied the topic: Some questions...
Ah, I think I need to somehow only load the facebook pixel when the user access level is set to 'cookies'. Right? I see you used the plugin System - HeadTag to conditionally load scripts. But I have not installed this on my site. We load the FB pixel script in the index.php directly. So is there a way to load this conditionally as well? Can I somehow get the access level in the template so I can check against it?

Or am I way off here...

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #1355 by jjnxpct
Back again... And struggeling along ;-) I decided to start using the plugin 'System - HeadTag' to load my javascript and CSS in stead of doing this in the template. This works fine. Had to figure out how this plugin was working, but it seems to work OK. So maybe I'll start using this plugin on other sites as well.

Anyway, after doing this I was able to control loading of the FB pixel script. When I don;t give concent all cookies are gone. So that good!

But I do need the FB pixel after concent. I set up the ACL as seen in the instructions and changed the access level to 'Cookies' in the head plugin. But after giving consent on the site the script is not loading...

I tested the 'Cookies' access level on some modules as well, but when I set the access level to 'cookies' the modules are not showing, even after giving consent. So I guess something is going wrong here.

Can you help me figure out why this is happening and how I can fix this?

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #1358 by jjnxpct
Yep, back again. I think I figured it out. In the plugin 'System - EU e-Privacy Directive' on TAB 'Advanced ' I set the 'View level' to 'Cookies'. That seems to do the trick. Now I can use this in de head script plugin to only load the scripts (Facebook / AddThis) after cookie consent. Did I do it right this way?

Hope this helps other. I do still have some questions, but I will create an new ticket/post for this.

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #1381 by michael
michael replied the topic: Some questions...
I was super busy yesterday, but it seems that you figured it out on your own. Awesome!

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum