SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× EU e-Privacy Directive needs your help!

A free extension like this survives only by reputation. You can help by submitting a review in the Joomla Extension Directory. Please take the time to make a review by clicking on the link below (opens in a new window)

extensions.joomla.org/write-review/review/add?extension_id=4850

Enable cookies - even with explicit consent?

More
4 months 4 days ago #1359 by jjnxpct
jjnxpct created the topic: Enable cookies - even with explicit consent?
Hi! I started using the EU e-Privacy Directive package today. It's a bit of a struggle to get it working right, but I do think it is a good way to get this organised and set up the right way. So thanks for this!

My question: Is it possible to block only specific scripts (like Facebook Pixel and/or AddThis) that require active consent, but still use Google Analytics (with adequate privacy settings) or CMS session cookies even when a visitor does not explicitly gives consent?

So I would like to have to differentiate between cookies. Its seems like now it's all-or-nothing?

Kind regards,
Jip

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 4 days ago #1361 by michael
michael replied the topic: Enable cookies - even with explicit consent?
I have an idea that I'll be experimenting with very soon, but right now it's all or nothing.

You can have analytics without cookies though.

www.richeyweb.com/software/joomla/plugin...nalytics-cookie-free

More
4 months 4 days ago #1362 by jjnxpct
jjnxpct replied the topic: Enable cookies - even with explicit consent?
OK, I get it.

Analytics: What does your plugin do what I can't do with the tracking code I add to the template? I don't mind buying your plugin, but I do wonder about what it does exactly to avoid placing the cookies. This can also be done by adding some config options to the Analytics tracking code? Like: storage: none and storeGac: false?

developers.google.com/analytics/devguide...csjs/cookies-user-id

Will this enable the tracking without cookies?

More
4 months 4 days ago #1363 by michael
There's a configuration option for GA that allows reporting without cookies, but you lose a lot of data because every page view is seen as a new visit. What my plugin does is set up an asset id that survives between page loads so GA can still track a single user. When the user logs in, it can merge all open browser windows to be seen as a single user.

It does a lot of other stuff too, like give the ability to trigger GA events by using CSS classes assigned to elements. Want to know when a user clicks a particular link? Give it a special class and GA will get a notification.

It's running on my site right now. I use several of the autotrack features, like tracking all outbound link clicks.

More
4 months 4 days ago #1369 by jjnxpct
jjnxpct replied the topic: Enable cookies - even with explicit consent?
Hi Michael, I will have a look at your Anlytics plugin. The only downside from the 'normal' implementation of GA would be that it can not track a session over multiple open browser windows on one site? I think that's probably not happening very much...

I still do think an option to exclude certain cookies (scripts ) from the Privacy plugin. This way we can still set cookies that do not need consent even when a user does not accept the cookies. Hope to see this feature in the future.

In the cookiebar at www.cookiebot.com/ there are also some 'Necessary' cookies that can not be set by the user. Besides maybe Google Analytics (provided it is setup properly) Joomla also set a session cookie. I believe this is also needed for the site security ( www.akeebabackup.com/support/admin-tools...okie-for-guests.html ). So it would be nice to exclude this session cookie as well. Or is this already possible?

More
4 months 3 days ago #1378 by michael
Not yet, but I'm actually planning on implementing something like the cookiebot utility - except that mine will block the cookies until they're accepted, unlike the cookiebot implementation which lets them through anyway.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum