SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× EU e-Privacy Directive needs your help!

A free extension like this survives only by reputation. You can help by submitting a review in the Joomla Extension Directory. Please take the time to make a review by clicking on the link below (opens in a new window)

extensions.joomla.org/write-review/review/add?extension_id=4850

Session cookie and session data on the server

More
4 months 2 days ago - 4 months 2 days ago #1432 by Kurt
Kurt created the topic: Session cookie and session data on the server
Your EU e-privacy-directive extension do not set the session cookie if I don't opt-in. i.e. it is compliant to the EU legislation. :) There are other extensions that are not.
There is one problem, I think you should mention and explain in the documentations. You get a lot more session data on the server, especially if users choose not to opt-in for the cookies. There will be session data created for each page visited. The site administrator should keep an extra eye on the session data files and the db-session-table (if used).
Last Edit: 4 months 2 days ago by Kurt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 days ago #1433 by michael
michael replied the topic: Session cookie and session data on the server
Joomla does periodic session garbage collection automatically. It can be fine tuned via the "System - Session Data Purge" plugin, and the plugin is enabled by default.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum