SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× EU e-Privacy Directive needs your help!

A free extension like this survives only by reputation. You can help by submitting a review in the Joomla Extension Directory. Please take the time to make a review by clicking on the link below (opens in a new window)

extensions.joomla.org/write-review/review/add?extension_id=4850

GA cookies still loading

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #1457 by jennied53
jennied53 created the topic: GA cookies still loading
Hello
Thank you for this essential plugin.
I'm having a problem to block the google analytics cookies.
I have set the access level for the plugin to the cookies access level, but it's still loading the following:
_utma
_utmc
_utmz

The url is:
www.yorkluxuryholidays.co.uk/

Many thanks
Jennie

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #1463 by michael
michael replied the topic: GA cookies still loading
On the "Advanced" tab of the System - EU e-Privacy Directive plugin configuration - add ".yorkluxuryholidays.co.uk" to the Cookie Domains setting.

The plugin looks for cookies on your domain using the cookie domain defined in Global Configuration - but there are other cookie domains that can operate on your domain. Joomla defaults to adding a dot before the page domain: www.yorkluxuryholidays.co.uk becomes the cookie domain . www.yorkluxuryholidays.co.uk - but these cookies are on the wildcard .yorkluxuryholidays.co.uk - so my plugin doesn't see it without some prompting, which is what the Cookie Domains setting is for.

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #1467 by jennied53
jennied53 replied the topic: GA cookies still loading
Hi Michael
Thank you for helping, that is making more sense now

I already have the cookie domain in global config set as . www.yorkluxuryholidays.co.uk
and I have added .yorkluxuryholidays.co.uk to the plugin setting as instructed

However the GA cookies now don't load at all even when I accept cookies.

There is an EU privacy mode setting in the GA plugin, I tried toggling this on and off. That is the only setting there to play with.

I also couldn't remove the cookies by clicking the Remove cookies button, I cleared them in the Google Chrome settings. Whether this was just Chrome remembering them or not I don't know?

Sorry to be a pain!
Thanks again
Jennie

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #1474 by michael
That is how cookies work - once a cookie is set, the browser sends it with every request to the site that set it - even if that site is no longer setting cookies.

This GDPR/EU e-Privacy thing is going to turn into a can of worms in the courts. Maybe they'll pass a law preventing legislators from making laws about technology that they don't understand.

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #1477 by jennied53
jennied53 replied the topic: GA cookies still loading
Thank you Michael

I couldn't agree more!

Why would it have stopped loading the original Google Analytics cookies though now? They were the ones I couldn't get rid of before, and now they won't load at all when I enable cookies.

I assume that means GA won't work properly?

Thanks again
Jennie

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #1479 by michael
Did you enable caching in Joomla global configuration? If so, did you choose progressive or conservative caching?

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum