SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× EU e-Privacy Directive needs your help!

A free extension like this survives only by reputation. You can help by submitting a review in the Joomla Extension Directory. Please take the time to make a review by clicking on the link below (opens in a new window)

extensions.joomla.org/write-review/review/add?extension_id=4850

Some cookies not blocked and problems of kick out

More
3 months 4 weeks ago #1497 by cyskye
cyskye created the topic: Some cookies not blocked and problems of kick out
Hi Richey, it works but...
- it stops google maps cookies (except NID)
- it doesn't stop youtube cookies in normal modality (not no-cookie)
- youtube-nocookie (stops except NID, but obviously if you play all cookies are set)
(...please please please help me understand what't that damned CONSENT cookie set by google that lasts 20 years!!!)
- re-captcha (NID if you click)
- when I navigate frontend and backend in 2 tabs at the same time, if I navigate the site in frontend it kicks me off the backend (if I do not accept cookies in the frontend). This doesn't happen if I accept cookies in the frontend. (is it normal or not?)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 4 weeks ago #1505 by michael
michael replied the topic: Some cookies not blocked and problems of kick out
Kicked out of the backend- normal.

The only way to prevent 3rd party cookies (youtube) is to prevent display until cookies are accepted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cyskye

More
3 months 4 weeks ago #1510 by cyskye
cyskye replied the topic: Some cookies not blocked and problems of kick out
Ok so I should deny YT videos showing, maps showing, recaptcha showing before acceptance. So it doesn't really block 3rd party cookies, but it's a question of how it is used together with permissions (i.e.: acceptedcoockies groups), right?

More
3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #1551 by michael
It blocks them just fine, if configured to do so. If you were to set your YT, and recaptcha plugins to the cookies access level - my plugin would block them.

The issue is the "Same Origin" policy that is enforced in ALL browsers. site-a.com cannot manipulate or access cookies from site-b.com - I can, however, affect the loading of the plugins, components, and modules that load site-b.com cookies. Preventing those extensions from running effectively prevents the cookies from appearing in association with site-a.com

By loading extensions with bring cookies from other domains, the "Same Origin" policy prevents me from doing anything about it. My extension is the only one that even attempts to address 3rd party cookies - nobody else even tries. I test competing extensions often.

www.richeyweb.com/documentation/136-how-...e-to-its-competitors

There is a way to load YT without cookies, and there are alternate captcha solutions that don't use cookies.

I'm not trying to be confrontational - I really want it to work everywhere, but there are some restrictions that I can't circumvent, like the Same Origin policy. It's these restrictions that led me to the solutions I designed. I found a way to reach the finish line, but it is not a plug-and-play solution. Configurations are rigid and uncompromising.

This is why I block 3rd party cookies using access levels.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-origin_policy
Last Edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by michael.
The following user(s) said Thank You: smith

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #2184 by cyskye
cyskye replied the topic: Some cookies not blocked and problems of kick out
Hi Richey, I see that you are going on with the update of your plugin and I really love your work. Now that I've set the new versions, I compiled the cookie definitions list and set to "cookies acepted" and "cookies rejected" access levels a map module.
My question is:
first access: I see the banner and the list of cookies that I've set as required or not. Required are already checked, while NOT REQUIRED are unchecked. But also if they remain unckecked, clicking on accept cookies, modules with those unaccepted cookies (set as "cookies rejected level) are shown as well.
What can I do? Am I doing something wrong?

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #2191 by michael
Creating the levels is one thing, but you also must assign the modules/plugins to those view levels.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum