SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× EU e-Privacy Directive needs your help!

A free extension like this survives only by reputation. You can help by submitting a review in the Joomla Extension Directory. Please take the time to make a review by clicking on the link below (opens in a new window)

extensions.joomla.org/write-review/review/add?extension_id=4850

I'm not getting an "Accept/Reject" cookie dialogue

More
6 months 2 weeks ago - 6 months 2 weeks ago #1601 by gham
gham created the topic: I'm not getting an "Accept/Reject" cookie dialogue
I'm sure I've just missed something obvious... probably just my stupidity! I could not find any reference to the following problem within this forum... hope I didn't miss that, too.

I've just downloaded, installed and configured the plugin/module and I'm not seeing the expected "Accept/Reject" message at all... anywhere. Instead, and without any action on my part, I'm getting the "You have allowed cookies to be placed..." text (and button).

Joomla! 3.8.7, PHP 7.1.17, hosted by SiteGround

This message contains confidential information

Thanx for what looks like will be a perfect solution for my client's GDPR compliance plan.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by gham.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #1605 by michael
michael replied the topic: I'm not getting an "Accept/Reject" cookie dialogue
Turn off the geoplugin so I can test it. I'm in the USA - so the geoplugin hides it from me.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #1615 by gham
gham replied the topic: I'm not getting an "Accept/Reject" cookie dialogue
Sorry Michael... didn't expect such a quick response!

The geoplugin is now OFF per your request... it was ON when you visited the site. I am also in the USA and I was getting the same result whether geoplugin was ON or OFF.

RE: Your first reply (since deleted) "Your javascript console has this telltale error message: The EU e-Privacy Directive extension REQUIRES the privacy module to be published"; the module is published with "Public" (ACL) access.

Thanx!

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #1616 by michael
I can see the message.

It needs some styling to match your site style, but it's there. I also realized that I have the wrong translation string for the second legal link. I'll release version 3.7.14 in an hour or so to resolve that issue.

Attachments:

More
6 months 1 week ago #1684 by gham
gham replied the topic: I'm not getting an "Accept/Reject" cookie dialogue
Seemed to be working OK after your last post... but, since your latest update (3.8.2), it caused a complete white-out of the site: nothing but an <html> and <body> tag when accessing any page--home included.

A manually-typed, wrong, URL produced an expected 404 error page with correct template chrome.

Disabling all of the e-Privacy extensions solved the problem... site is back to normal.

Any suggestions or workarounds/known issues or conflicts?

More
6 months 1 week ago #1689 by michael
I messed something up in 3.8.2 (missing file) and that's causing the errors.

3.8.3 fixes that. Sorry :( - totally my fault

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum