SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× EU e-Privacy Directive needs your help!

A free extension like this survives only by reputation. You can help by submitting a review in the Joomla Extension Directory. Please take the time to make a review by clicking on the link below (opens in a new window)

extensions.joomla.org/write-review/review/add?extension_id=4850

EU e-Privacy code repository

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #1633 by matt6697
matt6697 created the topic: EU e-Privacy code repository
Hi Michael,

I'm interested in contributiong to your EU e-Privacy extension to add Google Adsense ad pausing and consent for personalized ads ( www.ctrl.blog/entry/adsense-gdpr-consent )

Do you have a github repository with the code of the extension ? If no, could you create one and send me the link to allow me to fork it and pull request the proposed features to your repo ?

Cheers,
Matthieu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #1634 by michael
michael replied the topic: EU e-Privacy code repository
I'm not adding anything beyond legal compliance to the extension. It provides access level manipulation so these kinds of things can be implemented outside of the plugin.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #1635 by matt6697
matt6697 replied the topic: EU e-Privacy code repository
Thanks for the quick answer ;-) No problem to develop a new plugin to manage adsense ads consent, but what do you mean by " It provides access level manipulation" ? How can my third party plugin know that the user gave cookie consent through your plugin ?

It would also be good to be able to personalize the position of the consent bar (top or bottom of the screen) and to customize the consent message. I can propose modifications if you want.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #1637 by michael
michael replied the topic: EU e-Privacy code repository
With eprivacy, you can designate an access level for users who have accepted cookies, and a separate access level for users who have declined cookies.

When a user first arrives, they are automatically added to the "declined cookies" access level. When they accept, they are removed from the "declined cookies" access level and added to the "accepted cookies" access level.

Until recently, only the "accepted cookies" access level was available. The swapping access levels is a new feature.

The consent bar can be fully customized using the ribbon css setting within the plugin configuration. Many users have done it (placed the bar on the bottom), and several have posted CSS snips in this forum.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum