SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× EU e-Privacy Directive needs your help!

A free extension like this survives only by reputation. You can help by submitting a review in the Joomla Extension Directory. Please take the time to make a review by clicking on the link below (opens in a new window)

extensions.joomla.org/write-review/review/add?extension_id=4850

Declined Cookies Access Level

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #1636 by michael
michael created the topic: Declined Cookies Access Level
I promised this feature several months ago, and now it's delivered! Check out the demo video.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #1743 by pieter
pieter replied the topic: Declined Cookies Access Level
Hi Michael,

I love your work on this (and I will write some goog reviews on your extensions!) I upgraded my plugin 3.7.x version to a 3.8.x.. the field to add a cookie decline access level appeared indeed. I did set it up as per the documentation.
However the whole plugin stopped functioning. The message appears allright but the module positions set to CookieAccept nor to CookieUnaccept just do not show whatever choice I make. I tried all 3.8 versions from the repository.
I reverted back to 3.7.14 to have at least CookieAccept level working again.

I don't see error messages in the log files anywhere.
Do I need to use the exact group and level naming as in the instructions?

If you can tell me where to look and what else information you would like to receive please let me know.

Tx,

Pieter

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #1745 by michael
michael replied the topic: Declined Cookies Access Level
Exact group/level names are not required. The plugin looks for the levels you configure it to look for - and other than not selecting the built-in levels (public, registered, administrator) there isn't any kind of built in requirement for the accept/decline groups.

What version of Joomla did you install to? 3.8.4 and 3.8.5 are virtually identical - I added a polyfill to satisfy a missing piece in IE11 compatibility mode to 3.8.5.

blank screen is a scary error with no logs to give context.....I don't know what to do with that. Would it be possible to turn error reporting to maximum and run 3.8.5 once to see if it picks up anything?

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #1746 by pieter
pieter replied the topic: Declined Cookies Access Level
I installed it on joomla 3.8.8
I tried 3.8.0, 1, 3, 4 and 5. 2 is missing in the repository.
It is not so much as a blank page as just the modules set to cookieAccept or cookieUnaccept are not showing either way..
There are no errors.. :(

And it happens on all browsers I have: FF, Chrome, IE and Edge..

Can it be I need a full clean install of the plugin instead of updating it? (or install over it?)

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #1747 by michael
3.8.2 had a big ugly bug in it (missing file that caused a 500 error) so I made it unavailable.

Missing accepted/declined modules is different. OK..... let's work through that then.

The access levels need to be created as such. Accepted user group (whatever you name it is fine) is the only group in the Accepted access level. Same for the Declined group/access level.

Your modules are assigned to the accepted and declined access levels, assigned to a module position, and assigned to all pages on the site (that last one bites a lot of people, myself included)

Of course, you've verified that the module positions exist by enabling tp=1 in the template manager options.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #1754 by michael
I was just in a site that exhibited the same behavior you described and it looks like a perfect storm of access level IDs matching group IDs between the user manager config and global config. Basically, the plugin checked cookie access levels and they matched the public access levels and the plugin (correctly) refused to add or remove a user from the public access level. I'm feeding it more reliable data and it's behaving normally on the target system and my test server. I've got a working solution I need to finish testing and I'll roll out 3.9.1 when I'm finished.

So...it's confirmed, sorry it took so long.
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by michael.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum