SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× EU e-Privacy Directive needs your help!

A free extension like this survives only by reputation. You can help by submitting a review in the Joomla Extension Directory. Please take the time to make a review by clicking on the link below (opens in a new window)

extensions.joomla.org/write-review/review/add?extension_id=4850

Eprivacy Update 500 Error

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #1671 by scocam
scocam created the topic: Eprivacy Update 500 Error
Update to Eprivacy Plugin causes 500 error. teh update was done though Joomla updater. I've clear cache for both Chrome and Edge bowsers. The plugin is disable to keep the site functioning.

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Design Starts with a Blank Sheet

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #1672 by michael
michael replied the topic: Eprivacy Update 500 Error
Yes, I found that almost immediately after publishing version 3.8.2 - I unpublished it quickly and issued version 3.8.3 which resolves the 500 error. I didn't include a new file in the XML manifest! Everything tested fine on my test server, because the file was present, but didn't make it into the XML, so installs and upgrades were missing the new file.

The fastest way to stop the error is to unpublish the module while you're upgrading to 3.8.3, then republish when the upgrade is done.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #1686 by scocam
scocam replied the topic: Eprivacy Update 500 Error
Hi Michael,

What I've done,

1. uninstall ePrivacy Directive (free)
2. re-installed 3.7.13 (that works no issue)
3.module disabled
4. updated

Same issue 500error

Uninstall, re-installed 3.7.13 and that is working what is the difference between this version and the newer one.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #1687 by michael
My website automation runs once every hour - So if your site has cached 3.8.2 - you'll continue to download 3.8.2 until the new XML is generated.

3.8.3 has the fixes and that updatexml is being generated now (probably this red hot second, as it is the top of the hour)

You can download it manually, or you can refresh your Joomla updater in the next few minutes to get the latest XML update file.

Or you can wait a bit - the 3.8.x series adds a feature that you didn't have before - so you aren't losing anything.

here's what it added:
The following user(s) said Thank You: scocam

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #1688 by michael
I just removed the 3.8.2 download file so nobody can even manually get it.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #1695 by scocam
scocam replied the topic: Eprivacy Update 500 Error
sweet. Question what the difference between this plugin and some not allowing cookies through their browser of choice. Unless a site has front end login then is type of extension required? I am still on the fence with upgrading from free

Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by scocam.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum