SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× EU e-Privacy Directive needs your help!

A free extension like this survives only by reputation. You can help by submitting a review in the Joomla Extension Directory. Please take the time to make a review by clicking on the link below (opens in a new window)

extensions.joomla.org/write-review/review/add?extension_id=4850

Confused with Access Level and EPD

More
5 months 1 week ago #1735 by swimmingAardvark
swimmingAardvark created the topic: Confused with Access Level and EPD
Hi there,

I like the way the Sensulin site works with the multiple modules, but I can't seem to get it to work myself. Can you give hints as to your plugin settings and the settings for the two modules (or are there three modules)?

I have two user groups set up for Accepted and Declined, and I would think you are basing which module is shown on similar "include/exclude" module "Assignment" settings?

I think I'm missing something in general on how to control what the user sees. For example when the "accept" button is clicked the message doesn't change -- it's like nothing happened. When the "decline" button is clicked, the message changes. What I want to have happen is when the user clicks "accept" the module goes away like it does on the Sensulin site, and the second module appears in another spot (again like Sensulin).

thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 1 week ago #1736 by michael
michael replied the topic: Confused with Access Level and EPD
There are 2 parts to the access level. The accepted and the declined, and each of these is 2 parts.

1. group, 1 access level with the 1 group

So, a newly created "Accepted Cookies" group is the only group in the newly created "Accepted Cookies" access level - AND a newly created "Declined Cookies" group is the only group in the newly created "Declined Cookies" access level

The extension comes with 1 module, but as you know, you can have more than one copy of a module published to your site. So, what you're doing here is making 2 copies of the mod_eprivacy module and assigning them to wherever you want them to appear. One is set to the Accepted Cookies access level and the other is set to the Declined Cookies access level. Both are configured to appear on all pages.

Now, when a user arrives new (has not accepted or declined), they will see the module in the Declined Cookies access level. If they decline, that module remains visible. If they accept, the Accepted Cookies module is now visible and the Declined Cookies module disappears.

I suppose that you could use more than 2 if you were using CSS to show/hide based on screen size.

More
5 months 1 week ago #1741 by swimmingAardvark
swimmingAardvark replied the topic: Confused with Access Level and EPD
Thanks you so much for the quick and clear response.

That is basically how I had things set up (other than I also had the super admin included in the Accepted Cookies group) but it seems as though AJAX isn't working properly for me. If I keep refreshing the page, the system seems to act roughly as it should, but when clicking on the "accept" button, nothing happens. If I refresh, the messaging seems correct -- but I have to refresh.

Any ideas (and yes, I have the AJAX plugin activated).

staging1.bainsight.com (ps -- I haven't finished the styling, etc... just trying to get it to work)

THANKS AGAIN FOR AWESOME SUPPORT. WHERE DO I CONTRIBUTE TO YOUR PLUGIN?

More
5 months 1 week ago - 5 months 1 week ago #1742 by michael
All AJAX requests are redirected to your homepage. Someone did something bad to your site, and no ajax request ever gets a response.

This is the request the plugin makes to accept cookies - redirect to /index.php
staging1.bainsight.com/index.php?option=...at=raw&method=accept

This is a standard keepalive request that Joomla will make on any page that has a XHR protected form (also redirects to /index.php):
staging1.bainsight.com/index.php?option=com_ajax&format=json

Figure out why everything is being redirected to /index.php and that will solve your issue.
Last Edit: 5 months 1 week ago by michael.

More
5 months 1 week ago #1748 by swimmingAardvark
swimmingAardvark replied the topic: Confused with Access Level and EPD
OK -- thanks so much for excellent support.

No idea how to fix that, but I'll find someone to help me out with it.

More
5 months 1 week ago #1749 by michael
If you're running on apache server, I would look at your .htaccess file first

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum