SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× EU e-Privacy Directive needs your help!

A free extension like this survives only by reputation. You can help by submitting a review in the Joomla Extension Directory. Please take the time to make a review by clicking on the link below (opens in a new window)

extensions.joomla.org/write-review/review/add?extension_id=4850

EU e-Privacy Directive component and display errors

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #1757 by Montemurlo
Montemurlo created the topic: EU e-Privacy Directive component and display errors
Hi to all.

On the scholastic site comprensivomontemurlo.gov.it we use your component. Until a few weeks ago no problem. Lately I have noticed that the visualization of the site is no longer liquid when the browser is restarted and this problem seems to refer to the component because if I disable it, the site then adapts to the various devices.

I attach the screenshot

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #1763 by michael
michael replied the topic: EU e-Privacy Directive component and display errors
Which display method are you using?

More
2 weeks 3 days ago - 2 weeks 2 days ago #1765 by Montemurlo
Montemurlo replied the topic: EU e-Privacy Directive component and display errors
I used System Message

If you enable the component these are the errors:

JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1 jquery-migrate.min.js:2:542
TypeError: Joomla.optionsStorage is null eprivacy.class.min.js:16:398
TypeError: options is undefined eprivacy.class.min.js:3:67

Thanks in advance.
Last Edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by Montemurlo.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago - 2 weeks 2 days ago #1771 by michael
JQMIGRATE is part of the Joomla jQuery package - I can't do anything about that.

The typeerror messages are a necessary evil. Uses on Joomla 3.5 and earlier don't have access to Joomla.getOptions - their script options are burned in Joomla.optionsStorage, so my extension checks for one, then the other - something is going to error either way, but it gives me greater compatibility with older versions of Joomla.

Believe me, I begged people to upgrade Joomla versions, but they just keep showing up with old versions...so I caved and wrote some additional code to make them compatible.

Now that I think about it - you should not be getting both messages.....it should be one or the other.

What version of Joomla are you running?
Last Edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by michael.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #1772 by Montemurlo
Montemurlo replied the topic: EU e-Privacy Directive component and display errors
First of all thank you for your attention.

I always update the CMS in fact now the version is Joomla! 3.8.8

Good day.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #1773 by michael
Good to stay updated.

OK, so your last two errors should not be happening...at least not both of them. I grab the plugin options before the javascript executes, and send those options into the JS class which sets up everything.

var options=Joomla.getOptions!==undefined?Joomla.getOptions('plg_system_eprivacy'):Joomla.optionsStorage.plg_system_eprivacy;

First, it looks for the function "Joomla.getOptions" (it's been around since Joomla 3.6ish), if it doesn't find that - it grabs from Joomla.optionsStorage.

Your site seems to fail both tests. The only way it gets to test Joomla.optionsStorage (your first error) is if Joomla.getOptions is not available - which can only be the case if you're preventing the Joomla core javascript from loading, and I've only ever seen one person do that (almost nothing on his site worked correctly)

You aren't running a plugin called "joomla options" are you? Or running something that prevents the Joomla core.js file from loading?

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum