SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× EU e-Privacy Directive needs your help!

A free extension like this survives only by reputation. You can help by submitting a review in the Joomla Extension Directory. Please take the time to make a review by clicking on the link below (opens in a new window)

extensions.joomla.org/write-review/review/add?extension_id=4850

non-joomla section

More
9 months 1 week ago #1841 by bobptz
bobptz created the topic: non-joomla section
Hi

I have a website in joomla, but in a subdirectory (NOT a subdomain) I have a Q2A forum wich is non-joomla script.

I am looking for a cookie-consent solution that will apply to the entire domain.

Can I use your extension to work on both sections of the website?

Here is the main website:
learn-greek-online.com

And here is the forum:
learn-greek-online.com/ask-greek/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 1 week ago #1843 by michael
michael replied the topic: non-joomla section
Hmmmm...... I don't think there is a cookie path wildcard, but I'll check. If there isn't, I had a solution come to mind.

More
9 months 1 week ago #1845 by michael
The answer was in the cookie RFC itself. tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6265#page-16

5.1.4. Paths and Path-Match

It's long and boring, but basically, if the cookie path is a prefix of the request path, and the cookie path ends with "/" then it will work. So for you, there is a specific order of operations where the cookie consent will work from site A to site B, but not from site B to site A.

Let me explain that first with the settings for your site to make A to B work. Site A would be your primary domain, not the subdirectory. Joomla Global Configuration would need these settings for the cookie domain and path:

Cookie Domain: ".learn-greek-online.com"
Cookie Path: "/"

Now, if a user arrives at your main site (learn-greek-online.com) and accepts cookies, the consent would be valid at learn-greek-online.com/ask-greek/ - this is because the cookie path "/" is a prefix of "/ask-greek/" and it end with a "/" - meaning it is valid for all subdirectories.

If a user arrived at "/ask-greek/" and accepted cookies, however, that consent would not be valid at "/"

Now, here's where it gets interesting, and also maybe cause some issues. If on the "/ask-greek/" site, you set the cookie domain and path identical to the main site, it might work in both directions. A-B and B-A - but I've never tried it. It might cause errors for any user who logs into one, then visits the other - session cookies wouldn't match and might cause errors - again, I've never tried such a thing.

It's super late, so not something I'm ready to test tonight, but it would make for a good experiment.

More
9 months 1 week ago #1855 by bobptz
bobptz replied the topic: non-joomla section
Hi

Thank you for the very prompt reply.

The good news in my case is that site A (the joomla site) does not allow people to login. It acts like a static site.

In site B (.../ask-greek/) people can login.

I have much traffic landing first on site B, so it needs to work both ways perfectly.

What do you think?

More
9 months 1 week ago #1856 by michael
I need to finish writing and testing the latest upgrades to the extension. My plan is to release the new version Friday (tomorrow). When that's done, I'll set up a test for your scenario.

More
9 months 1 week ago #1858 by bobptz
bobptz replied the topic: non-joomla section
Great, thank you very much.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum