SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× EU e-Privacy Directive needs your help!

A free extension like this survives only by reputation. You can help by submitting a review in the Joomla Extension Directory. Please take the time to make a review by clicking on the link below (opens in a new window)

extensions.joomla.org/write-review/review/add?extension_id=4850

Modules don't load after accepting cookies - from v.3.9.0

More
3 months 1 week ago #1891 by danielecr
danielecr created the topic: Modules don't load after accepting cookies - from v.3.9.0
Hello!
I have a problem in loading the 2 modules assigned to the group "Cookies" after a user clicks on accept cookies.
I have created a new user group (Cookies), under the Public group, and a new access level (Cookies), with Registered and Cookies as groups having access to visualization, as explained in the official tutorial.
In the joomla backend, in the eprivacy options I have the group "Cookies" assigned to the Accepted Cookies Access Level, and "Public" assigned to the Declined Cookies Access Level.

All was working ok till eu-eprivacy v.3.8.5; after this version my 2 modules are not loaded anymore.

How can I debug the problem?
Let me know if I can be of any help by providing more information.

Thanks

Daniele

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 week ago #1892 by michael
michael replied the topic: Modules don't load after accepting cookies - from v.3.9.0
Declined cookies access level needs to not be a default joomla access level. You can create an empty access level (no assigned groups) as the declined level. It can't be public, guest, or any of the default Joomla access levels.

Remember, when a user accepts cookies, he is removed from the declined access level - and you can't be removed from Public without causing problems

More
3 months 1 week ago #1894 by danielecr
danielecr replied the topic: Modules don't load after accepting cookies - from v.3.9.0
Thank you very much for the explanation, that solved my problem!

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #2167 by mikerotec
mikerotec replied the topic: Modules don't load after accepting cookies - from v.3.9.0
I really don't follow this line of conversation... My site has been working 100% perfectly well with both access levels set to "Public". How does declining cookies affect a logged in user? Joomla 3.8.8, CommunityBuilder 2.2.0 ...

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #2168 by michael
michael replied the topic: Modules don't load after accepting cookies - from v.3.9.0
Declining cookies will delete all cookies. This is how the plugin is designed to operate, and how it has operated for the past 6 years.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum