SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io ScoreHSTS Preloaded

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× EU e-Privacy Directive needs your help!

A free extension like this survives only by reputation. You can help by submitting a review in the Joomla Extension Directory. Please take the time to make a review by clicking on the link below (opens in a new window)

extensions.joomla.org/write-review/review/add?extension_id=4850

JS Confirm

More
1 year 8 months ago #1919 by xgipper
JS Confirm was created by xgipper
Hello
I chose the JS confirm option on a couple of sites mainly for aesthetic/speed reasons, but this option seems to be greyed out on another site where I just installed the latest version of the extension. Maybe there is something I am not doing right to make this option possible? Also how would it affect sites where I upgrade the extension to the latest but where I have chosen JS Confirm on an older version?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago #1930 by michael
Replied by michael on topic JS Confirm
The code is still present, so sites that have chosen JS Confirm will still operate after an upgrade. The last thing I wanted to do was make your sites non-functional.

To be fully compliant with GDPR, the display must allow users to choose which cookies they want to allow - and the JS Confirm isn't capable of displaying that.

More
1 year 8 months ago #1935 by xgipper
Replied by xgipper on topic JS Confirm
Thanks for the swift explanation. I guess I need to take a closer look at the options in the latest version – and learn how to style the different display options.
Presumably if I change a site currently using JS Confirm to one of the other options to test it out, and it has the latest version installed, I won't then be able to go back to JS Confirm.

More
1 year 8 months ago #1944 by michael
Replied by michael on topic JS Confirm
Yes and no...if you feel like venturing into the database, or messing with the javascript console, I could tell you how to do it.

More
1 year 8 months ago #1951 by xgipper
Replied by xgipper on topic JS Confirm
Thanks for the kind offer, but I'll certainly pass (due to complete lack of ability :) ) and try to make the other options work for me, and learn how to style them.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.