SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× EU e-Privacy Directive needs your help!

A free extension like this survives only by reputation. You can help by submitting a review in the Joomla Extension Directory. Please take the time to make a review by clicking on the link below (opens in a new window)

extensions.joomla.org/write-review/review/add?extension_id=4850

Some questions about the cookie defenitions

More
3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #1922 by jjnxpct
jjnxpct created the topic: Some questions about the cookie defenitions
Hi! I think it's great we now have the option to let a user choose what cookies to accept. I watched your new video an think I get the idea, but still have some question, because I can;t seem to get it to work.

Before these new cookie specific options (definitions) we created two user access levels. One for 'cookies -yes' and one for 'cookies - no'.

In the plugin settings we now can specify specific (groups of) cookies to be set by a user. But do we need to create an new access level for each cookie 'defenition' we create here? Or should we use one of the existing levels?

In the cookie rules: The cookie name needs to be the actual cookie name we can find in the browser console? Or is this just a name we can give it?

When we force a session cookie, it does not show up in the cookietable. But this forcing does not mean the cookie will be set before any user action is taking? Is there a way to just use the session cookie in any case? So the plugin just ignores this cookie?

'Required' means users can not uncheck the cookie? But this is not set before any user interaction?

When I add the FB pixel cookie to the cookie definition (domain '.facebook.com', Cookie name 'fr', Required 'No', Access level 'Cookies - Yes') I can not seem to change it on the site. I try to change it in the frontend, but it keeps being checked. Is this a bug or did I misconfigured it?

Hope you can help me out. I like the new option, but it's still a bit complex to comprehend and to get it working OK.

Kind regards, Jip
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by jjnxpct.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 week ago #1931 by michael
michael replied the topic: Some questions about the cookie defenitions
OK, sorry for answering this last this morning. I try to take the posts in order, but you asked a big question.

Yes, it's a new access level per-cookie classification. I say classification because some cookies can only be enabled in bulk. For example, most social sharing plugins/modules are an all-or-nothing proposition, so one of the definitions would be (something like) "Social Sharing", displaying multiple cookie domains and having a description that explains that this consent is for multiple cookies from multiple domains.

The plugin needs 2 access levels for the overall consent (system consent, your domain stuff) and those are used in the plugin advanced tab.

The plugin also needs 1 access level per-cookie-definition. I'm giving them meaningful names like:

Cookies - Google Analytics
Cookies - Social Sharing
Cookies - Etc...

Let's say we're looking at a consent for Google Analytics. You would create the access level, create the definition selecting that access level, then set your Google Analytics plugin to that access level.

More
3 months 1 week ago #1933 by jjnxpct
jjnxpct replied the topic: Some questions about the cookie defenitions
OK, thanks. I am testing on a website with a Facebook Pixel.

My 'overall' cookie access levels are 'Cookies - Yes' and 'Cookies - No'. I now created a new usergroup 'Cookies - Facebook pixel' and a new access level with the same name.

In the plugin I added this cookie exception:
.facebook.com | fr | Facebook Pixel | No | Cookies - Facebook pixel

Also in the 'HeadTag' plugin I changed the access level for this JS to 'Cookies - Facebook pixel'.
Is this the way it should work?

On my site (frontend)I just can't seem to turn this cookie off. After giving consent, when I click on 'Change prefs' and uncheck the FB pixel cookie and save it, it is still checked (and present) when I go to the prefs again.

More
3 months 1 week ago #1934 by jjnxpct

More
3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #1936 by jjnxpct
Ah, it does seem to work for the actual cookies. But it's a bit confusing when I first uncheck the Facebook Pixel cookie (it does remove the cookie after 'Agree'( but when I go back to the preferences it shows as checked. I would expect it to be not checked since I did not want this cookie.

So technically its seems to work (cookies are set and remove) but the checkbox in the cookietable is confusing...
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by jjnxpct.

More
3 months 1 week ago #1939 by jjnxpct
I just added an other separate cookie and it seems when one item is deselected it is remembered, but when all are deselected the revert to selected somehow?

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum