SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× EU e-Privacy Directive needs your help!

A free extension like this survives only by reputation. You can help by submitting a review in the Joomla Extension Directory. Please take the time to make a review by clicking on the link below (opens in a new window)

extensions.joomla.org/write-review/review/add?extension_id=4850

Cookie table layout / template

More
3 months 6 days ago #1970 by jjnxpct
jjnxpct created the topic: Cookie table layout / template
When using a table, viewing it on a small device (smartphone) can cause issues. I mostly try to avoid using tables in responsive templating.

Is there a way to override the template for the cookie consent table in the frontend? I think I want to try to create a table free version. Also I think it wold be nice to show/hide the table using a button/link. I could also add this in a template override.

There is a checkbox above the checkboxes columns that checks all boxes at ones. That's great. But maybe not all website users will figure this out. Maybe you could add an extra button 'Accept all cookies'? Or 'Allow and save' or something like that? Just a thought... I might be able to do is in the template override as well?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 6 days ago #1972 by jjnxpct
jjnxpct replied the topic: Cookie table layout / template
I found the table HTML in the helper.php file of the system eprivacy plugin. So I guess I can not override this. Would it be possible to create a default.php template file we can override? Or i this not possible for plugins? Not sure about that...

This might be a bit tricky because I suppose there are also some JS actions connected to some of the DOM elements?

More
3 months 6 days ago #1983 by michael
michael replied the topic: Cookie table layout / template
It's possible, just complicated when JS actions rely on specific DOM hierarchy

What are you trying to do with it. Would overridable CSS work?

More
3 months 5 days ago #1997 by birkicht
birkicht replied the topic: Cookie table layout / template ... inside an article on my site?
Dear Michael!
I'm always somehow flashed how extraordinary good your plugin ePrivacy was at the beginning and how fast and extremely nice it has evolved. I did apply the most of the changes on the German translation file so far (at least the user interface for the website visitor)
It would also be nice to have this table accessible inside the privacy policy text at some place on the website.
I do not know much about the underlying mechanism, except the index.php of the ajax-part has something to do with the display of the consent dialog(s) and the cookie-table.

But can I integrate this table into a plain text of my privacy policy - no dialog or modal or a box, no buttons, only the cookie table of existing cookies (in the best case depending on the website visitor) and how do I apply this?

Cookiebot is doing such things (it's based on their server). The script snippet is something like this:
<script id="CookieDeclaration" src=" consent.cookiebot.com/5e44acbf-f805-40b5...x-98df4262a35b/cd.js " async=""> </script>
Displaying this outside my own domain will fail anyways.

But something like this I hope is possible with your plugin as well.

Thanks a lot in advance
Bernd

More
3 months 5 days ago #2001 by michael
michael replied the topic: Cookie table layout / template ... inside an article on my site?
I'm building the table override capability into 3.10.6 - it's actually already done. I'm working on a bugfix that is the primary purpose of 3.10.6 and will make the release later today.
The following user(s) said Thank You: birkicht

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #2199 by birkicht
birkicht replied the topic: Cookie table layout / template ... inside an article on my site?

michael wrote: I'm building the table override capability into 3.10.6 - it's actually already done. I'm working on a bugfix that is the primary purpose of 3.10.6 and will make the release later today.

Dear Michael,
Thanks a lot for implementing this feature. It works well.
I did not change the layout of the standard message-banner regarding the fixed cookie-tables (which would now also be possible).
But I created a new module Cookie of the type mod_eprivacy. Then I created an override. There I was able to display the Buttons of the footer/debug-area including the cookie-table inside the privacy-disclaimer. Perfect.

If there is somebody who wonders how or if that feature is working, believe me, it is easy after you understood dealing with overrides.

Thanks a lot again, Michael
Bernd
Attachments:

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum