SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× EU e-Privacy Directive needs your help!

A free extension like this survives only by reputation. You can help by submitting a review in the Joomla Extension Directory. Please take the time to make a review by clicking on the link below (opens in a new window)

extensions.joomla.org/write-review/review/add?extension_id=4850

A bug and a solution

More
4 months 5 days ago #1992 by michael
michael created the topic: A bug and a solution
A bug was recently brought to my attention, but not directly. I was given the symptom, and it took a while to diagnose the actual bug.

This is kind-of a big deal, because it directly affects one of the features of my extension. The per-cookie-access-level isn't working completely.

In my tests, I was selecting modules and plugins at random to ensure the access levels were being added - and for my tests, they were. Unfortunately, I wasn't testing System plugins. The access level adjustments CURRENTLY do not affect System plugins. When described to me, I was told that a specific Google Analytics plugin wasn't loading - and I wasn't about to go buy a plugin to test it. To make a long story short, I made a list of things to test and when I got to the System plugins, I found a failure.

I've spent the last 10 hours researching and experimenting to find a way around this, and as of 15 minutes ago - I have a working solution. It's now 1:44 AM, and I dare not try to build this solution into the extension, because I will probably mess it up.

Tomorrow, when I'm fresh, I will implement this fix and release 3.10.6. The new version contains several bugfixes, a new templatized/overridable cookie table (everyone thank jjnxpct for making that request), a method to remove cookies on your domain which were added by 3rd parties (like Google Analytics), and of course - the access level fix.

I appreciate your patience and support!
The following user(s) said Thank You: danielecr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 4 days ago #2005 by michael
michael replied the topic: A bug and a solution

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum