SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× EU e-Privacy Directive needs your help!

A free extension like this survives only by reputation. You can help by submitting a review in the Joomla Extension Directory. Please take the time to make a review by clicking on the link below (opens in a new window)

extensions.joomla.org/write-review/review/add?extension_id=4850

v3.10.8 javascript error

More
1 month 5 hours ago - 1 month 5 hours ago #2117 by luX0r.reload
luX0r.reload replied the topic: v3.10.8 javascript error
I don't use older browsers but my site users do.
Your extension is great but I can't believe that it works in IE11 and not in FF43 (or FF45 too).
I tested several extensions to verify browsers compatibility and at the end of the testing step I choosed yours.
Only with your latest upgrade your extension does not works with FF43.
You can fix it easily with some code lines.

@danielecr
Security is ok in FF45. The problem is that innerText is a method introduced by Microsoft for IE and initially not supported by the others browsers.
Mozilla works where possible with standard DOM object and methods so it support textContent method instead of "proprietary" innerText method.
Last Edit: 1 month 5 hours ago by luX0r.reload.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #2118 by michael
michael replied the topic: v3.10.8 javascript error
Firefox was the only browser that didn't support innerText, and innerText behaves differently than textSelection. They're not easily interchangeable.

caniuse.com/#feat=innertext

I'm only resisting this because FF <=44 reached end-of-life. I add polyfills to my javascript only for browsers that are still supported. Why should I support browsers that the manufacturers don't support? It makes even less sense for me to support them in a free extension.

All is not lost though. I'm not heartless. You can add this to your template to polyfill browsers that don't support innerText (FF 2-44)

github.com/duckinator/innerText-polyfill.../master/innertext.js

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #2119 by michael
hold on, I just realized which element is being used with innerText - I might be able to switch that to textContent. It doesn't contain any HTML to strip...

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #2120 by michael
OK, nevermind - this will be implemented in the next version. The particular node being accessed doesn't contain any html or whitespace to strip (whitespace is what innerText does beyond textContent). Sorry to be combative about it, I thought it was going to require another big polyfill and I didn't want to do that for an obsolete browser (version).

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #2139 by Alexparker
Alexparker replied the topic: v3.10.8 javascript error

luX0r.reload wrote: I know this is a big problem cause many users still using older browsers.
So for fix this error I can modify js code to remove let declaration?

I agree with you. I also face the same problem but I didn't fix the problem. doing many things and take a help of https://applesupportnumber.net/apple-support-canada/ but this problem is still pending. what I actually do to fix the issue? Is it possible to refer me to a page or site to solve my problem properly?

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #2140 by michael
The fix will be in 3.10.13

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum