SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× EU e-Privacy Directive needs your help!

A free extension like this survives only by reputation. You can help by submitting a review in the Joomla Extension Directory. Please take the time to make a review by clicking on the link below (opens in a new window)

extensions.joomla.org/write-review/review/add?extension_id=4850

Blank page on first visit - v.3.10.12

More
5 months 1 day ago - 5 months 1 day ago #2131 by danielecr
danielecr created the topic: Blank page on first visit - v.3.10.12
Hello!
I noticed a problem with v.3.10.12
On a first visit to my site (after all the data of the browser are deleted, cookies, cache, etc.) I have a blank page, with no errors (only ie is showing an http 500 error).
After refreshing the site is correctly displayed.
This happens with all the browsers I tested.
I'm using the ribbon, if it matters.

Edit: ok, I tracked the error:
Fatal error: cannot redeclare getCountryFromIP() (previously declared in blablabla/public_html/plugins/system/eprivacygeoip/geoiploc.php:142) in blablalba/public_html/plugins/system/geoip/geoiploc.php on line 202

The error disappear only if I disable 'System - EU e-Privacy Directive Geo IP' (even if geoip is disabled in the main system plugin)

Edit2: after further analysis, the error disappears after uninstalling the old geoip plugin and enabling the new one; maybe it's better to include a check of the presence of the old plugin in the next release and if it's there, to uninstall it?
Last Edit: 5 months 1 day ago by danielecr.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 1 day ago #2133 by michael
michael replied the topic: Blank page on first visit - v.3.10.12
I can't check for the presence, because there is another plg_system_geoip plugin already in the JED. I was contacted by another user who couldn't get it to work, and when I checked the geoip version, I found it wasn't my plugin! So I can't really do a test, because that test might identify.

I replaced the update file on my server which should prevent the 500 errors. It burned through 9 months of my CDN already, why not blast out that last 3.

I tried pushing out an update that would neuter the plugin if it couldn't find an update, but it's like users installed the original and never ran updates.
The following user(s) said Thank You: danielecr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum