SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× EU e-Privacy Directive needs your help!

A free extension like this survives only by reputation. You can help by submitting a review in the Joomla Extension Directory. Please take the time to make a review by clicking on the link below (opens in a new window)

extensions.joomla.org/write-review/review/add?extension_id=4850

Can't get modal window to work in EU Privacy 3.10.12

More
3 weeks 6 days ago - 3 weeks 5 days ago #2141 by neilw
neilw created the topic: Can't get modal window to work in EU Privacy 3.10.12
Now working on a Joomla 3.8.8 with a TM template. Has bootstrap 2.3.1. Also have JEvents installed and it does modal windows fine. Not sure what the problem is with the EU-Privacy modal. Ajax EU plugin is on.

Also, I notice that it does not have either JS Confirm or Javascript Events Display Type options available (greyed out). Don't know if those are anything I might want/need.

On my recent J2.5.x site, I used the ribbon option and works fine with an older version of EU-Privacy. But for this J3.8.8 site, had kind of wanted to replicate your new modal window with the options for various cookies.

I'm temporarily leaving it set for modal, but get a black screen. Will switch to ribbon if it can't be fixed. Thanks.
Last Edit: 3 weeks 5 days ago by neilw.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #2142 by neilw
neilw replied the topic: Can't get modal window to work in EU Privacy 3.10.12
Did notice in Console that an error shows Failed to load resource: ..........media/plg_system_eprivacy/js/base64.min.js.map

Not sure what that is. Have Akeeba Admin htaccess installed but have allowed .map, .js and access to that directory. Not sure how the missing file is created and/or installed, so at a loss.

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #2143 by Fastserv
Fastserv replied the topic: Can't get modal window to work in EU Privacy 3.10.12
Can't get the modal to work too.
In Console I get: TypeError: $(...).modal is not a function eprivacy.class.min.js:19:246

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #2146 by michael
michael replied the topic: Can't get modal window to work in EU Privacy 3.10.12
Your template is probably not based on Bootstrap 2.3 (what currently ships with Joomla.

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #2148 by neilw
neilw replied the topic: Can't get modal window to work in EU Privacy 3.10.12
As per my original post, the template uses Bootstrap 2.3.1 and modal windows are working fine with another add-on, JEvents.

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #2152 by michael
michael replied the topic: Can't get modal window to work in EU Privacy 3.10.12
Sorry - I missed that.

OK, looking at your site - I'm seeing a javascript error in your modernizr init:

jQuery(function($) {
if (!Modernizr.touch) {
$.srSmoothscroll({ease: 'easeOutQuart'});
}
}
});

You have one too many closing curly braces at the end.

I manipulated the HTML to inject some modal markup, and your template CSS pushes the model off the page (top and left). In your other modal windows, you've applied an inline style to bring it back down and push it to the right:

<div class="modal hide fade moduletable loginPopup" id="modal" style="position: absolute; top: -13px; left: 823px;">

When I add that inline style to the modal I injected, it appears where you might expect it to appear. Other styles are obscuring the modal header and body.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum