SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× EU e-Privacy Directive needs your help!

A free extension like this survives only by reputation. You can help by submitting a review in the Joomla Extension Directory. Please take the time to make a review by clicking on the link below (opens in a new window)

extensions.joomla.org/write-review/review/add?extension_id=4850

Update link does not work

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #2255 by Webmasterab
Webmasterab created the topic: Update link does not work
I get the following message on a site.
Update: Can not open update site # 302 "RicheyWeb Update Site", URL: cdn.richeyweb.com/updates/eprivacygeoip.xml

Have the update sites rebuilt but this does not help either

If I go to the url, I get this in the picture
Not Found
The requested URL /updates/eprivacygeoip.xml was not found on this server.

What is going on?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #2266 by dirkzc
dirkzc replied the topic: Update link does not work
Same here.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #2271 by michael
michael replied the topic: Update link does not work
Life and work gets in the way - I'm taking a break from some complicated code now - so I'll take care of this right now.

Basically - that plugin will receive weekly updates. I need to write the automation to re-generate this plugin every Sunday evening. I actually have most of the code written, I just need to go through a lot of testing.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #2274 by michael
OK, fixed. The server generates an update every Sunday, and renames the current eprivacy version appending the week number. When I re-generate new development versions, the packaging script gets the latest IP distribution file and includes it with the latest release, so even if you update, you'll have a release file that's at least near the present date, and will be quickly followed by an update to the eprivacygeoip plugin

The new version will be generated in the next few minutes, with future versions coming out on Sundays. Look for eprivacygeoip-3.10.13.26

More
2 months 1 week ago #2321 by Webmasterab
Webmasterab replied the topic: Update link does not work
Okay every week and update.
Is that because it is so in development, or for your own convenience.

Or is that update really necessary?

In fact, update can not find information about what has changed or improved.
A change log.

The people I want to know from the management sites why I am running an update is for security reasons or simply improving the site.

More
2 months 1 week ago #2325 by michael
The weekly update is for the "System - EU e-Privacy Directive Geo IP" plugin, and is created to refresh the global IP distribution list. IP addresses are assigned and re-assigned all the time. Without an updated list, an IP address assigned to an EU member state today might be re-assigned to South America - or vice versa.

My automation downloads and processes the global IP distribution list, re-packages the one piece of my eprivacy extension with the update, assigns a sub-sub version, and pushes it out as an update via the Joomla update XML file. The 800k (ish) update is to keep country detection up-to-date.

I tried an auto-updating method previously, but had to shut it down because it cost me quite a bit of money in just 1 week of operation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Webmasterab

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum