SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× EU e-Privacy Directive needs your help!

A free extension like this survives only by reputation. You can help by submitting a review in the Joomla Extension Directory. Please take the time to make a review by clicking on the link below (opens in a new window)

extensions.joomla.org/write-review/review/add?extension_id=4850

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class ePrivacyHelper in

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #2263 by Matthiesen
Matthiesen created the topic: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class ePrivacyHelper in
Since the last update I get a blank screen in the frontend of one of my website, and when I set the error reporting (in the Joomla global config) to debug, the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class ePrivacyHelper in /home/[edited]/joomla/plugins/system/eprivacy/helper.php on line 13

I'm on Joomla 3.8.10 and eprivacy 3.10.13 (most up-to-date).

I'm rather lost and not really sure what else to try. I tried reinstalling the plugin, and then it worked initally but broke again after a day.

I have three other websites on the same server with similar setup and they all work without problem, and while there are small differences (customised templates, a few settings) I can't see anything that would explain why one site doesn't work.

I've used the plugin for about two months now without problem, the issue started to occurr when i updated a few days ago.

Any ideas or help, pease?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #2264 by Matthiesen
Matthiesen replied the topic: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class ePrivacyHelper in
I've uninstalled and reinstalled e-privacy and it works again, but as I also did that yesterday, I'm not sure if the problem is really solved. I will see if it occurs again and report back.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #2270 by michael
michael replied the topic: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class ePrivacyHelper in
That's weird. I'll run some tests. I use require_once to prevent this sort of thing (loading the same file twice).

More
4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #2284 by Matthiesen
Matthiesen replied the topic: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class ePrivacyHelper in
The error has not occurred again, so there is a chance that something went wrong in the initial update, and again when I first re-installed it on Sunday. But it is still strange because I even compared (with diff) the installed files of the broken site with the ones of my other working websites, and all files were ok.

I'll let you know if it happens again, but until then it seems that the last re-installation of the plugin has fixed it.
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by Matthiesen.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #2287 by michael
michael replied the topic: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class ePrivacyHelper in
I already put in a fix. Easy enough - just 2 lines of code. It might prevent someone else from having an issue, so I'm going to leave it in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matthiesen

More
4 months 1 week ago #2300 by Matthiesen
Ok, good! It left me really puzzled, so it's certainly good that it's fixed and others don't have the issue, even if it only occurs in rare situations.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum