SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× EU e-Privacy Directive needs your help!

A free extension like this survives only by reputation. You can help by submitting a review in the Joomla Extension Directory. Please take the time to make a review by clicking on the link below (opens in a new window)

extensions.joomla.org/write-review/review/add?extension_id=4850

youtube cookie still active, even though I disabled cookies.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #2311 by michael
michael replied the topic: youtube cookie still active, even though I disabled cookies.
Using the network tab, you can track every element loaded from every resource to see where cookies come from. I've done this many times for my no-cookies extensions. These cookies can come from browser extensions, or even other browser windows you have open.

The incognito window doesn't have separate settings - when you open the cookie view, it's all of chrome, not just the incognito window. If you have another window open, it can affect the contents of that list.

you might also try looking at the content of those cookies, not just the list of domains. Like the applications tab, it may be listing domains that have no cookies (Normal operation in the applications tab)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #2316 by bobptz
bobptz replied the topic: youtube cookie still active, even though I disabled cookies.
Hi

I just made the same test with a chrome-incognito window. And another (normal) chrome window that displayed the settings.

No cookies were created!

The previous test was run on a normal chrome window and I assume that the cookies might have come from the chrome extensions I have installed.

This is great, thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael

More
6 months 4 days ago - 5 months 2 weeks ago #2661 by roy23
roy23 replied the topic: youtube cookie still active, even though I disabled cookies.
Hey Guys,
I get some guidelines on how to Enable Cookies on Chrome. it will give you a clear view of how you can easily enable cookies and access the web page without facing any problem. please click the link below to know more
techcliffe.com/how-to-enable-cookies-on-chrome/
Last Edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by roy23.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum