SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× EU e-Privacy Directive needs your help!

A free extension like this survives only by reputation. You can help by submitting a review in the Joomla Extension Directory. Please take the time to make a review by clicking on the link below (opens in a new window)

extensions.joomla.org/write-review/review/add?extension_id=4850

Modal window not working on iPhone 5 / Safari

More
2 months 5 days ago - 2 months 5 days ago #2392 by dageldar
dageldar created the topic: Modal window not working on iPhone 5 / Safari
I testet EU e-Privacy Directive on my website today, and I like the modal window. Unfortunately it doesn't work correctly on my iPhone 5. The modal window shows up as a translucent dark, and I can scroll up and down the webpage, but cannot read the text or see any buttons in the modal window. Screenshot below:

UPDATE! The modal windows reappear when I swipe left or right in Safari. It is not possible to scroll down to accept-buttons which are below the visible window.
If I scroll down the page, and then swipe left or right, the buttons appear - but the modal instantly closes and shows the translucent dark page. It's not possible to hit the buttons.

Dag
Attachments:
Last Edit: 2 months 5 days ago by dageldar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 5 days ago #2394 by michael
michael replied the topic: Modal window not working on iPhone 5 / Safari
How the modal appears is a matter of the way it's been written in your template/css. My extension triggers a modal, that modal is controlled by your template. You may find the ribbon is most compatible with everything, because it doesn't rely on the template for any of its styles.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dageldar

More
2 months 5 days ago #2398 by dageldar
dageldar replied the topic: Modal window not working on iPhone 5 / Safari
Yes, it appears so. getbootstrap.com states that there are caveats to be aware of when using a modal on mobile devices due to its position: fixed. It seems that I ran into some of these caveats.
getbootstrap.com/docs/4.1/getting-starte...-dropdowns-on-mobile

Knowing about these caveats; are there practical ways to use a modal window for wider screens, and change to ribbon for smaller screens?
Ribbon seems to work well for mobile devices, but the modal looks prettier on a pc :-)

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum