SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× EU e-Privacy Directive needs your help!

A free extension like this survives only by reputation. You can help by submitting a review in the Joomla Extension Directory. Please take the time to make a review by clicking on the link below (opens in a new window)

extensions.joomla.org/write-review/review/add?extension_id=4850

PHP 7.2.9 - 500 error at admin login

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #2519 by brunsona
brunsona created the topic: PHP 7.2.9 - 500 error at admin login
After updating our server to PHP 7.2.9 our sites have been throwing a 500 error on admin login pages.
The front end of the site displayed correctly, no error.

Maximum Error Reporting showed System - EU e-Privacy Directive Geo IP plugin as running out of memory.
Disabling the Geo IP Plugin cleared the error.

Here is our configuration:

Joomla 3.8.12
PHP 7.2.9
EU e-Privacy Directive Package 3.10.13

We have the GeoPlugin setting turned off in System - EU e-Privacy Directive plugin.
I followed instructions to create an account for the GeoPlugin, verified the domain, etc.
Enabling the GeoPlugin, even with the Geo connection, still resulted in a 500 error with PHP 7.2.9.

I'm concerned that updating this package will enable the GeoPlugin and we'll get 500 errors on the admin logins again.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to correct this issue.
Thanks,
-a-

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #2520 by brunsona
brunsona replied the topic: PHP 7.2.9 - 500 error at admin login
Discovered the 500 error was from php 7.2.9 running with the default memory setting.
Increased memory to 128MB and all errors disappeared - with the GeoPlugin enabled.
-a-

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum