SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× EU e-Privacy Directive needs your help!

A free extension like this survives only by reputation. You can help by submitting a review in the Joomla Extension Directory. Please take the time to make a review by clicking on the link below (opens in a new window)

extensions.joomla.org/write-review/review/add?extension_id=4850

Display type with multilingual website

More
1 month 5 days ago #2658 by Heinz
Heinz created the topic: Display type with multilingual website
Hello Richey,

I really appreciate your EU e-privacy Directive Module/Plugin. It is the best I have come across on the web.

To add another language to my website, I copied the en-GB.plg_system_eprivacy.ini into the appropriate german folder, renamed the file to de-DE.plg_system_eprivacy.ini and translated it.

The content is now shown in German, but the position of the plugin changes from Page Ribbon to Joomla Module. When I change the language back to english, the plugin is back to Page Ribbon.

Where could I possibly have gone wrong or where can I make the setting for the german site?

Another issue that I have is the link to the privacy policy. I use the extension Falang for my multilingual website and this may be the reason for this issue. I can add a language in your plugin settings but it only allows me to choose from the menu links. In my case I don't have separate menu items for german. I do have separate urls if that helps...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 5 days ago #2659 by Heinz
Heinz replied the topic: Display type with multilingual website
I managed to find the solution for the first issue myself. As some others could run into the same issue, here the solution:

The German alphabet contains "Umlauts" (= ä ö ü ) and these caused the problem. Changing the encoding of the de-DE.plg_system_eprivacy.ini from ISO8859-1 into UTF-8 solved the problem.

1 issue less, now I am left with the selection of the privacy policy...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum